CDM9 Tray Motor Overrun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is just a supposition as I have no experience with this player however;

Try measuring the voltage on the motor drive. If it is lower than expected the main smoothing cap on the supply to the motor may be drying out and thus alot smaller than expected. Replacing this may fix your problem as without the cap the supply won't hold up between mains cycles. I have seen this in other CD players.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andy,

You've probably already done this, but testing at points 82 and 83 might give a clue here. If volts are to spec, then we'll need to look a bit further into the system.

I've attached a snippet.

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• 930tray.jpg
    930tray.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 105
Hi, the main smoothing cap for the power supply is unlikely to be near the driver chip. Since the previous poster appears to have the CCT diagram he may be able to tell you which one to look at. I wouldn't blindly replace bits you are likely to spend alot of time and money and may not fix anything.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi all,

Glad I came across this thread. I have an Alpha 5 and the tray over run on eject has worried me for a while, so I'll try the resistor trick to slow the motor down. Only thing is I'm not sure what wattage resistor to use? I'm guessing smallish would be OK as it doesn't stay powered on for long but thought I'd ask?

I know about the weak drive gears and have replaced mine but can't help thinking the motor over run must be partly to blame for their demise?

Regards,

Tyron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.