LClock XO3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Be careful with voltage. Soundlabsgroup (AU) recommends 15V max.
They sound okay, bit warm. Remove large cap from the clock board and use very clean separate power supply.

The clock provides two outputs, useful if you need to clock two IC. I used this feature to clock DSP + upsampler in my DCD1650 player to great results !

I have also installed another 2 of these, however, XO2 are also very good (get them if you still can) and allow higher "row" DC, up to 22V I think.

(…modified P3A as well...)

Good luck

Extreme_Boky

Hi,
I don't understand how a clock can sound warm either....

I've used a couple of them and they are reliable and have provided a decent improvement with an Arcam Alpha 5+ and most impressively when I used one to re-clock a DAC and synched the second ouput back to drive my CD transport.

However, I must post a warning re technical assistance from LC Audio. I recently purchased one of their Zap filters and was unable to get it to work as they recommend connecting it. Whilst they were good about replacing it, they never replied to e mails to help me implment it and so I had to return it.
Cheers
David

Hi
I second to Extreme_Boky that you should always use a separate precision power supply for a clock, it will always improve the sound, even in cases where you use a isolated output, like we do on some of our clocks.
The sound structure is very sensitive to the clock, i have even tried cases where you change the type of series capacitor from MICA to plastic film, and this makes a tremendous difference in sound. Even jitter is not affected.

Hi
I second to Extreme_Boky that you should always use a separate precision power supply for a clock, it will always improve the sound, even in cases where you use a isolated output, like we do on some of our clocks.
The sound structure is very sensitive to the clock, i have even tried cases where you change the type of series capacitor from MICA to plastic film, and this makes a tremendous difference in sound. Even jitter is not affected.

Hi Lars

We can measure that the jitter IS affected when you change caps

best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.