JVC XL-V1100 output stage schematic ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JVC XL-V1100 Information Requested

Probably a ridiculous question given that your original request was made some 12 years ago, but did you manage to find any info on the JVC xl-v1100?

I have one of these players which I would like to get going - I am replacing the drive belts and generally refurbishing the drive - all straightforward stuff. My problem is that the display is dead and there is obviously at least one connecting cable missing.

So, bottom line is to ask whether you have a copy of the service manual and if so, could you make it available to me? Happy to pay - within reason!

Hope to hear from you sometime in the next 12 years.:

Chris

JVC XL-V1100 Information Requested

Hi there,

I have a possible fix for your xl-v1100 with the dead display, I recently acquired one with a dead display also, so I did a search for a service manual with no luck, found myself reading your post.

Scratched my head a while... I was getting power to the audio pcb at the back as I could hear the mute relay click, so checked I had AC to the servo pcb, Yep all good,, moved on to the 5 volt regulator had 12 volts on input but .235volts on the output, Bingo! New regulator fitted & voila :) Display back & Singing sweet music.

Would suggest making the heatsink bigger if you can as It gets very hot, prob why the original failed.

Hope this helps, that is if you still have yours cdy2250..

BTW it does look like it has a missing cable or two, 1 is a test point the other is unused in normal operation afaik. AND finally, they have to be the most least accessible cd player ever built, with regards to actually replacing anything on the servo pcb, you have to remove just about every screw!

Simon.

Last edited:
JVC XL-V1100 internal pictures

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IC801 is the 5 volt regulator that had failed in my player, causing loss of all function & no display.

Is that leakage under those 4 2200uF capacitors? If it is I would change them asap and clean very thoroughly the PCB before fitting the new ones. If it is that sticky thing they used to put to protect components from vibrations, I would remove it as it has the tendency over time to create shorts...

the caps hadn't leaked (in-fact they tested perfect! Not bad considering how old they are) & it is some sort of glue to stop vibrations.. I think? It has dried up, so I will remove it eventually. The nasty glue is the light brown Sony-bond, that draws moisture in over time - evil stuff can rot component legs too.

Friends good evening. Got such a device, made very soundly. The tray does not respond when you press the buttons, and numbers appear on the display when you close the tray manually. It looks like the fault is somewhere in the servo-processor YM3811? To watch signals there is no possibility need a diagram. Could you tell me, please where can be find scheme this player. Thank you in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.