Removing output mute transistors on a CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have read in several pots and on decibel dungeon about people removing Cd player output mute transistor to improve sound quailty. However i cannot find and live links on exactly what the process is.
I read somewhere that it was just a case of cutting them out, is this true or do i need to jumper two of the connections after.

Sorry i am new too this and any help would be apprieciated.

Phil Holder

They pull the signal to ground I think when muting, they are not in the signal path as such so you need not bridge anything.
I have not found removing them to make a big difference to my ears. You may get noises on switching the player on and off. I never do because DACs sound best warmed up. btw, i think that on the arcam the dac stays powered up as long as the player is plugged into the mains. irrespective of the power switch.

Also, solder a 75 ohm resistor (or there abouts 82 ohm is also fine) across an RCA plug and stick it into the digital output of the player... sinks the unused digital signal (noise) to ground. Bigger difference from this then muting transistors..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.