OPA637 or 627 for I/V on non O/S 1541

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When used as I/V converters, the loopgain is unity. This means that the opamp must be unity-gain stable.

The opa637 will not be stable in this application.

Edit: it's not the loopgain that is unity, but the feedback factor b. In normal applications, the gain is 1/b, which is unity in this case.

Thank you. I made the right choice from memory then. I struggle a bit with the search feature, I normally get best results from this forum but wih google... I just did this and have established that the 627 is a good choice. I do however need to remove a compensation cap if it is in the player. 22-47 pF apparently. Is this connected across pins 5 & 8 on a 5534?

ABO said:
When used as I/V converters, the loopgain is unity. This means that the opamp must be unity-gain stable.

The opa637 will not be stable in this application.

Edit: it's not the loopgain that is unity, but the feedback factor b. In normal applications, the gain is 1/b, which is unity in this case.

It depends on the OP Z of dac. For example PCM63 = approx 1k
so if FB resistor = 2k then you only need to put 1k from dac OP
(-IP opa) to gnd and it will be stable. Usually 637 will be stable
+5 or -4 gain.

The disadvantage is you can not use any LPF on I-V

cheers,

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.