Profesional to consumer line levels and back!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI all,

I am new to playing in the audio / video world :) so forgive me if I ask dumb questions! :).

Currently I am using a TI AIC23 ( http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlv320aic23b.pdf ) audio codec with consumer line level inputs and outputs.

What I need to do is make a PCB that will convert these I/O's to interface with Professional equipment (+4dbu).

So I need to PAD the input to the codec (Professional line level ----> Consumer line level) and then I need
to amplify the output of the codec (Consumer line level ----> Professional line level)

Of course this all needs to fit on a PCB 3" x 3" and be low noise! :)

anyone have any ideas?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

What is exactly the final application of your system? I am designing with that same codec and a DSP. You should decide first if you want balanced signals -independently of level- which can be accomplished with only a few parts. Did you assemble the codec and it is operating yet?

I am also interfacing this to a DSP TI DM642.

I have the first version of card running, but new requirments mean I have to support both Consumer, and Professional line levels (right now I am only Consumer). I do not have to support balanced, only unbalanced.

Besides the consumer and pro levels I had discovered that the TLV320AIC23B is really a 16 bit device (I always suspect that because the 90 dB stated in the datasheet is too much low for an 24 bits device). The datasheet does not mention anywhere about the real resolution, but the TI page states as a 24 bit part. I understand that because it its a sigma delta the real resolution does not matter if the dynamic range can be acheived, but I would prefer that TI will be clear about this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.