Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Is anyone using rhem sorbothane feet are thay any good are oak ones better

Based on others comments previously it seems to depend on the stand/shelf material in combination with the feet material.

I've used both but never really noticed much difference except with an old plastic philips player using sorbothene feet and sitting on a very thick heavy wooden base (chopping board!).

With oak feet I got fed up with the player sliding back everytime I pressed a button.

Regards

Pete

Based on others comments previously it seems to depend on the stand/shelf material in combination with the feet material.

I've used both but never really noticed much difference except with an old plastic philips player using sorbothene feet and sitting on a very thick heavy wooden base (chopping board!).

With oak feet I got fed up with the player sliding back everytime I pressed a button.

Regards

Pete

My system is on glass shelves pete

Thanks ray its given me a bit more confidence now to do some more mods:)

Yeah, now that everything is working again and you have a stable player, you can start thinking about further tweaks that can be done. The CD67 is very tweak-friendly, and there's a lot of room on the board for larger capacitors.

A decent clock, improved analog filter, or go all the way and build a DOS :)

Regards,

Ray

re flea

Yeah, now that everything is working again and you have a stable player, you can start thinking about further tweaks that can be done. The CD67 is very tweak-friendly, and there's a lot of room on the board for larger capacitors.

A decent clock, improved analog filter, or go all the way and build a DOS :)

Regards,

Ray

ray,
Im looking@ your flea boards minus the crystal where do you get the tentlabs crystal from?,Also are they dual output as 16.934/8.46.for the servo or do i need a divide by circuit.
thx ray alan :)

Hi Alan,

The Tentlabs XO can be ordered... at Tentlabs :clown:

There are also dealers available worldwide, but they do not all sell the DIY products like the XO. In case you decide to order a Flea board, I can get one for you as well, I order there regularly.

The Flea board has two outputs, but they are both taken from the XO's output. So a divider is needed for the servo. Or a second Flea :)

Regards,

Ray

You know what's better than The Flea, Alan?

Two Fleas!

387188_10150430481251890_612711889_8730289_62160936_n-1.jpg

I got my oscillators direct from the TentLabs web shop, but it did take a few weeks. Guido recommends ordering from one of his resellers if you want them in a hurry.
Adding these made a HUGE difference to my player.

Edit: Ah, Ray beat me to it!

SPower - at last getting some well deserved press!!

Clock wise, I think I'll stick to either my own or ones that I trust!!!!

Not sure how many of you nip onto Brents site but I've just found this advanced review of his SPower HC thats in HiFi choice mag in January in his reviews section. You know I've got 8 or 9 of these and they are absolutely superb. Its about time he started to get some recognition. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod::hohoho::deer:

Fidelity Audio : Reviews

Attachments

• Spower Reg-HiFi Choice-Jan-2013.pdf
    691.9 KB · Views: 107
  • spower_250.jpg
    spower_250.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 257
Bout time

Clock wise, I think I'll stick to either my own or ones that I trust!!!!

Not sure how many of you nip onto Brents site but I've just found this advanced review of his SPower HC thats in HiFi choice mag in January in his reviews section. You know I've got 8 or 9 of these and they are absolutely superb. Its about time he started to get some recognition. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod::hohoho::deer:

Fidelity Audio : Reviews

Brents been a resident guru on here well deserved helped us all along the way,
cheers brent :hohoho:alan

another successful CD63 mod

Have been away from this forum for some time busy in carrying out modding my CD63 MKII KI. Now the project has been completed with great success and here are a few photos showing the work that I have done.

My next project will be modding another CD63 SE :p

Attachments

• Tx.jpg
    Tx.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Caps.jpg
    Caps.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 187
  • clocks.jpg
    clocks.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 184