Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Oh yes, or even the main conductors ;-)

That what I used for the main DC distribution in this quad 405 power amp I did :D

I've got a bloody picture for everything lol

20121017_190034.jpg

Hi all im trying to post a pic of the mods on my player but not sure how to do it can any one help View attachment 310989

View attachment 310990

What do you lads think about this player will i beable to get it sounding great if get a better power supply or should i look for another player and start again. I have the mundorf caps to put in and the rubycon on the opamps when thay arive. It does not sound too bad at moment just the treble sounds horrid

That would be good for a clock, but not for your output stage where you want BIG VA. I have 50VA there, but the general wisdom seems to be more is better. If you want to order one of Brent's PSUs, maybe PM him and I'm sure he'll be able to help you find what you need.

You can totally fix the player. There's nothing broken about it, but you need to sort the PSU and those capacitors on long wires out, stat.
Your op-amps should be fine in the long run provided they are genuine, but the HDAM bypass is waay premature IMHO and that treble is going to be nasty until you improve other areas. Read the mods list(s) for hints on the best order to do things.

Not sure what's going on with that regulator on the right hand side either...

Last edited:
That would be good for a clock, but not for your output stage where you want BIG VA. I have 50VA there, but the general wisdom seems to be more is better. If you want to order one of Brent's PSUs, maybe PM him and I'm sure he'll be able to help you find what you need.

I think i need to get one made by some one ben or buy one as the one im useing is very poor. But im not that up on electronics and would not know were to start. I dont even know what the external power supply is runing. I know it does not run the display as that lights up with out the external supply

The external supply is just powering the output stage - in your case, op-amps.
It may also be powering the HDAMs if they haven't been disconnected properly.
I think you need to figure out if you're going to persevere with the DIY or send it off to one of our resident gurus. If you're going to DIY, I'd suggest you download the service manual and start reading the forum from the beginning. I know it's daunting, but everything you need to know is in here.

The external supply is just powering the output stage - in your case, op-amps.
It may also be powering the HDAMs if they haven't been disconnected properly.
I think you need to figure out if you're going to persevere with the DIY or send it off to one of our resident gurus. If you're going to DIY, I'd suggest you download the service manual and start reading the forum from the beginning. I know it's daunting, but everything you need to know is in here.

Thanks ben its going to have to be diy as i cant afford what the shops charge:) So i better get reading. I have done the hdam bypass before and it looks like it is no longer in the circuite on this player

I'd be happy to help you to learn about what you are doing via the forum for sure!

If you wanted to build yourself PSU based on that module, then I could potentially show you how to configure and install it ;)

Have you got the service manual yet?

Thanks uv i will down load a copy of the manual now. Were best place to get the transformer from. i have just had a look on ebay and there is a few on there