Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

There's definitely some room for individual experimentation with regard to PSU placement, but I find that a 50VA 12V Nuvotem fits in quite nicely behind the CD tray. Wire the secondaries to U308 & U310 and centre tap / both grounds to U309. Tape the original servo secondaries up securely with electrical tape to make sure they don't touch anything or each other.

See this post by Ian for suggestions on how to go further.

Brent also has a good summary of upgrading the servo section on his site here

Ben

Ben, thanks v much for this.

You're welcome man, just passing on what I got from the other guys. By the way, Parts ConneXion still has some of the snap-in Mundorf 25v 22,000uF caps on clearance at 40% discount right now. It'd be well worth picking up 3 of those for your pre-reg smoothers. You can ask them to match a pair for the output.

Lol!!! It's a bit on the heavy side that's for sure!! Sounds every bit as good as the reviews. Managed to get a circuit diagram too and it's very simple but uses good components and has a very good power supply. Sounds bloody amaizing!

Nice bike ;-) my pals got an 09 an it's bloody awesome. Weighs less than my amp ( well almost) just need the sun now mate ;-) I managed 1 day on mine last week but it's back under a sheet in the garage again......come on the sun!!!!

dont look good

Lol!!! It's a bit on the heavy side that's for sure!! Sounds every bit as good as the reviews. Managed to get a circuit diagram too and it's very simple but uses good components and has a very good power supply. Sounds bloody amaizing!

Nice bike ;-) my pals got an 09 an it's bloody awesome. Weighs less than my amp ( well almost) just need the sun now mate ;-) I managed 1 day on mine last week but it's back under a sheet in the garage again......come on the sun!!!!

Last edited:
Plugged my DOS in last night. LEDs came on but no sound. Ho hum.

Been doing a few PSU cap changes and constantly amazed by the difference they make. I tried Silmics in the output post-reg position in place of Black Gate STD and quite liked bits of the mid-range detail but overall found the top end too harsh and the bass too flabby. Trying BG STD for op-amp power in place of BG N. Early days but liking it a lot so far.

+In and -In of each channel go to RO/LO and RON/LON of the DAC. So +In to pin 25, -In to pin 23 and GND to pin 24 (U197) for the right channel, +In to pin 18, -In to pin 20 and GND to pin 19 (U198) for the left channel. Remove RD21 to RD24 by the way. Be careful with the traces on the player's board, they are very thin.

Then all you need is +/-15V supply voltage at the other side of the DOS board and you should be able to enjoy heavenly music at the output-pin :)

Ray

No, there should be sound even if you leave the resistors in. They are 10k, so all they do is load the outputs of the DAC a bit. But it's better to remove them for a permanent install.

Here's the DOS schematic with some voltages.

Ray

Attachments

• DOS_CFP_CD67_volt.JPG
    DOS_CFP_CD67_volt.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 241