Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I've been too happy with the sound of my system to have the urge to tweak for a while. I took some my my favourite CDs to a local dealer on the w/e and auditioned an ultra high-end setup there. There were some impressive aspects to the sound, but it wasn't as enjoyable overall. I can't put my finger on exactly why, and I suppose it doesn't matter.

Sounds like the mods are doing the business if your system compares well to a high-end set-up... well done! I think one gets greater satisfaction if you've done it yourself.

I still need to fix my display and that mains hum. I tried to order a new Tx, but RS aren't responding to my e-mails for some reason.

Good luck with fixing the display and the mains hum. Maybe after 3 or 4 years or so, I'll be able to give you some advice.:)

Sounds like the mods are doing the business if your system compares well to a high-end set-up...

I'm sure listening conditions play a big part. I have my speakers further apart in a larger room with more comfortable furniture and no salesman poking his head round the door every 2mins. Also there's a certain pride that goes with having tweaked the system myself.

But yeah, it's good to be at the level where the diminishing returns of the much more expensive system are easily nerfed by the room.

I'm sure listening conditions play a big part. I have my speakers further apart in a larger room with more comfortable furniture and no salesman poking his head round the door every 2mins. Also there's a certain pride that goes with having tweaked the system myself.

But yeah, it's good to be at the level where the diminishing returns of the much more expensive system are easily nerfed by the room.

Where is the "Like" button?. :cheers:

Just ordered a Digital multimeter and a desoldering iron from CPC... onwards and upwards... commitment has been made... the fight commences... here's to the high end... now, where's that CD63?

Putting my drink down for a minute... and here's the reality check... after all these modifications will the player actually sound BETTER or just DIFFERENT?

Incidentally, irrespective of any responses I am likely to receive, I am still up for this mods malarkey since one of my objectives is to learn how CDPs work.

Just ordered a Digital multimeter and a desoldering iron from CPC... onwards and upwards... commitment has been made... the fight commences... here's to the high end... now, where's that CD63?

Putting my drink down for a minute... and here's the reality check... after all these modifications will the player actually sound BETTER or just DIFFERENT?

Incidentally, irrespective of any responses I am likely to receive, I am still up for this mods malarkey since one of my objectives is to learn how CDPs work.

Honest oppinon much better further you go more you will acheive learn aswell bonus .
cheers alan:D