Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Mk1 V6, same engine as the '24 but with quite a few power mods, all basic N/A stuff, no "power adders" as Santa Pod call it (can't afford such fun). The one thing I do have is amazing sound.

ST170 engine on throttle bodies should be good, think it has a better head than std Zetec. With the VVT that engine has though I dunno how you'd get the high lift, long duration cams a throttle-bodied car would want though. I bet it makes a cool 200-220bhp though, if set up really well.
t bass for exhausts sorry couldnt resist fancy building me some jokin aside .
alan

Nice cars! There must be some strange connections between modding cd players and fast cars/bikes. To much money? ;-) Btw, I drive a Smart Roadster Brabus (remapped). Small engine, but it's light and loves corners like anything.

On topic: tnks Allan for paving the path for me ;-) What's the point of connecting the clock out to the decoder leaving all the components (cap + resistor) in place? Didn't hear huge improvements. Used a standard coax cable, does that matter?

Bart

Did that too first time, didn't work for me either. If I've read the few last pages correctly, you'll be needing the c521 cap and u193 resistor if you have the mk2.

In the MKII, RD14 is a 100r in the space of u193 and C521 is a 10pF in the space near the the DAC marked "RD14 or C521" You need both components between the clock and decoder.

Please correct me when I'm wrong.

Bart

Did that too first time, didn't work for me either. If I've read the few last pages correctly, you'll be needing the c521 cap and u193 resistor if you have the mk2.

Please correct me when I'm wrong.

Bart
Just studied the schematic cut u193 and rd14/c521 and feed pin 13 on decoder that seems logical to me removing u193 and rd14/c521 .
alan;)
ps just about to try wish me luck

I've added an overview / guide for the 63 covering the important areas to my site. I have left out things like resistors and poly caps etc as Ray mentions all this.

Marantz CD63 upgrade guide

Brent

Looking through your mods, for the bit clock it says take a 4.233MHz signal from the DAC. Where? I can't see one listed in the SM. I can see one on pin 29 (CLA) of the decoder though.