Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I realize it's not the player of choice but it's what i had when the madness set in and now it's too late but go forward. I would say it's gone about 2 thirds of what's possible (reasonable), but Brent would know this better. It sounds very good however. It has Ray's DOS board so you know I'm serious!

Last edited:
Those BG's are in $ dont forget! They aren't bad at $3.75 for 470uF/16v! They are good on delivery too.

try these but I think the minimum order quantity is £25 I think

RUBYCON|16ZLG470M10X12.5|CAPACITOR, 470UF, 16V | Farnell United Kingdom

I think Lee is about £2.50 for ZA's which were always more expensive than ZLG's

Be carefull of the eBay "too good to be true" prices!

If you buy from any of the above, you know what you are getting

Gonna need 4 tenner aint bad dont mind that is 16v too low tho rays list says 25v the nichion caps came from germany 10 for 9.30 plus postage
thanks alan

Too low for what? 16v caps are too low for a 12v rail??????:confused:

ZA's are used in many commercial upgrades and they are not the cheapest, that must tell you something. ZLG are the replacement for ZA as they are now obsolete. They are much cheaper than the ZA's were but they are still much better then most. Caps are a personal choice but I've been pulling nichicon elco's out as part of my upgrades!!!!

You'll loose loads of the details that ZA's will give you using Nichicon. If you like a warmer sound you could use Nichicon or you could start with a TDA1541a based player like myself, Simon and Lee did!!!

Last edited:
Too low for what? 16v caps are too low for a 12v rail??????:confused:

ZA's are used in many commercial upgrades and they are not the cheapest, that must tell you something. ZLG are the replacement for ZA as they are now obsolete. They are much cheaper than the ZA's were but they are still much better then most. Caps are a personal choice but I've been pulling nichicon elco's out as part of my upgrades!!!!

You'll loose loads of the details that ZA's will give you using Nichicon. If you like a warmer sound you could use Nichicon or you could start with a TDA1541a based player like myself, Simon and Lee did!!!
All ready got a cd52se with bb2604s thats nice and warm sorry i misunderstood thought bigger was better:mad: il try some za s then
sorry to be a pain alan
ps got terry s ad