Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

If you have a cupboard full of old lasers, check out the threads on repairing them - worth a try.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/118902-stripdown-clean-cdm12-4-a.html

Seems a lot of working drives have been thrown away when all they require is cleaning on the underside of the lens.

You've got to have good eyesight and a steady hand though !

Andy

(sent by satellite from somewhere close to the Seychelles)

A

Cheers Andy, I took your advice and although it is not really for an old drunk's shakin hands I was able to get four lasers working. I owe you a drink!
Regards Barry

Philips CD80 Flacky Problems

After the player is on for a few minutes if I change tracks or use the Random button I get the "ERROR" message. Have changed all of the electrolytics on the servo board and that made things a lot better but it is still a problem. Have also changed the bi-polar .68uf to poly at the same time that I upgraded the electrolytics on the servo boards. I have seen comments regarding grounding problems, but they were not specific as to which board or to specific components. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi Gurus

Pardon me for my super newbe question.

I have made lots of upgrade to my CD67 like changing the caps, opamp, diodes and clock. Recently after I have bypass the HDAM, output caps and cut off the headphone output as discussed here, my display refuses to light up even though the buttons are working fine. I have checked the voltage output from regulator 79M18 and it measure 0.6v. I have also trace all the way to the transformer and it measures 0.6v as well. I have also tried to replace the display board and still not working. What could be wrong here.

I would also like to know how to measure the output voltage and impedence of the CDP correctly. I have tried to stick in the DMM to the cold and hot output of the RCA and it measures 0.06v and 0.32v for the L & R channel respectively with the CDP playing. The output impedence was measure at close to 50 ohm and 150 ohm for the L & R channel repectively. Why is there such a wide discrepancy on measurement and there is no impact on the centre soundstage?