Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Does anyone know where I can buy original vam lasers from on-line. Every time I think iv'e found one I end up with a non-working chinese copy. My cupboard's full of them. There used to be a time when they came in a philips fawn box and with wires. I now find the same is happening with the Sony lasers too. I'm not trying to get them cheap, just real!

If you have a cupboard full of old lasers, check out the threads on repairing them - worth a try.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/118902-stripdown-clean-cdm12-4-a.html

Seems a lot of working drives have been thrown away when all they require is cleaning on the underside of the lens.

You've got to have good eyesight and a steady hand though !

Andy

(sent by satellite from somewhere close to the Seychelles)

A

often on those chineese lasers, all thats needed is the spindle needs lifting slightly.

Worth a try if you have several. I've had a few that just dont work, but I've neve had one that didn't after adjusting the cd mount on the end of the spindle. They've normally be squashed at some point an a small screw driver to lever then up a fraction is enough. Make sure you apply pressure evenly all the way round!!!

thx rowemeister,chivvyp
im modding 2 more marantz a 63se and a 52se done op amps on both damping the case iec on the cd63se worlds apart in sound got lm4562s in the 63se and op2604s in the 52se been reading this thread for ages i need a plan to tackle mods while im not useless with a iron id love to learn how to do it myself
cheers alan