Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I have been doing a few tweaks myself this week. I have made the psu for the dos pcb external and upped the raw +/- voltage psu from 30VA to 60VA.

The external psu has a 160VA transformer, HexFred diodes, Our own SI caps pre reg, +/- 20V SPower low noise voltage regs and Black Gate FK post reg.

The dos psu now uses 6x Spower in total.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The case can be seen better here - Fidelity Audio POWER SUPPLIES PAGE

Brent

Last edited:

Cheers for that. I have the cd players transformer VA up to 272VA now + upped the SPower count to 25.

I've added the case pics above (obviously)

Looking forward to hearing your hard work Simon ;)

Brent

Last edited:
Hi Shep

Yes the PSU is just for the Dos. I have not done the CFP yet as I knew I would be doing this at some stage. Once i've run this in and am used to the sound changes I will then look at either fitting the new dos pcb or tweeking mine to implement the CFP + I want to look at clocking the decoder section by elimintaing phase issues when doing so

Brent

Last edited: