Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Hi Simon,

I can only answer "I don't know". I'll get another CD-53 soon and will put the room as it previously was, I must admit that before I have pushed the speakers closer to the wall to get some bass, but now the CDP is doing more bass than any other source I ever owned! I re-moved them away a bit also.
Stock player vs modded, I'll see and report.

The sound? Too warm and blur low mids, maybe a bit harsh on wistling notes... drums do not strikes like I think they should... maybe that's because I'm back from the xmas show of my son's school (real drums... a dream!), maybe the amp and/or speakers are showing their limits as I push the volume higher (less distortion making us enjoying louder?)...

Hope the stock CD-53 will not be better ;)

Matthieu

Problem with Marantz SA7001 (firmware update)

Hi Ray :

I am searching firmware for my marantz sa7001 ... do you know where I can find him?
The problem is :I press the button start the marantz, I read on the screen "open" or "close" , slap in the tray and starts reading without problems
Sometimes on having started the marantz the tray gets stuck .
When it starts well, there is no problem of reading with any type of discs (sacd´s /cd´s)

Please help me .
Tank you

Carlos Barrera

You mean you have regs to ICs with no caps? All my regs are very close to IC, in fact where there was the lytic before wich is now at the small bypass place; very close to the IC. That means you have no lytic and just a SMD or small one bypassing pins of the ICs?

Thanks,
Matthieu

(as for DOS caps any good audio one will do, why not try the Muse KZ, cheap beside BG!)

Hi Ray :

I am searching firmware for my marantz sa7001 ... do you know where I can find him?

Please help me .
Tank you

Carlos Barrera

Sorry Carlos, can't help you with that. The manual mentions an 'update disc' but I have never seen one. You could try a local Marantz service & repair center.

To fix the tray problem: there's a small switch located somewhere near the front of the drawer. Try cleaning it with some contact spray, it may be the cause of your problems.

Ray

Well I've just minded that the polystyrene I have do not have any blue circle (input side IIRC) unlike the DOS' ones... strange! Or one of the type is better?

Attachments

• Styr.jpg
    Styr.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 210
Pushing the caps till they suicide!

Hi,

you may follow Glenn's advices, including no caps over 470 (I'm with 220 and it works like a clockwork).
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ntz-cd63-cd67-mods-list-1290.html#post1901879

As for me as I can't live with that strange sound I've had a look in order to try bypasses.
And I've found a poor ZL under presure: I asked him to work in the wrong polarity... maybe the Servo will be much happier with a new cap in the right way :D And maybe the sound will become "better"! Gimme my dynamic back!
I'm happy that this cap did not blow...

Matthieu

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 226