Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

wow, thank you for the very fast responses. I'll double check the greasing (nope, I have to admit I did not pay particular attention when installing, I am THAT naive).

As for the cables, can I just double check which one is the possible culprit? Basically, we are talking of one of three. The ribbon connector and the 2 wire connectors (the 4 pin one does the drawer motor and sensor, the other 6 pin one does the spindle motor, the laser position motor, and the laser position switch). I assume the first one I should be looking at is the 6 pin one, or is it the ribbon connector?

Best

Benjamin

Hi

Yes it makes a nice change. I run mine off a 30Va tx (shared by motor/laser driver ics) to the standard 5v reg (nothing else runs off this reg).
I had thought of popping the processor and display pcb onto a dedicated small tx and reg. Infact you have me thinking of it again :smash: . Room is an issue though.

What gains did you find, I got better detail and fluidity (less muddled sound).

Brent

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
Hi

Yes it makes a nice change. I run mine off a 30Va tx (shared by motor/laser driver ics) to the standard 5v reg (nothing else runs off this reg).

I have exactly the same situation here but I am still using the stock tx for the motor/laser drivers and main cpu. (Shhhhh, I am still using a sprague 500.000uF 6.3v after the digital reg, and everytime I remove this cap, I loose spatiality and smoothness)

So, isolating the cpu would eliminate any psu line dirt to enter the drivers.

Here I go again :smash:

Ricardo

PS:
This is an old pic.... actually I use only the sprague... the NEC caused the fuses to glow at power on so I removed it and the sound is even better now.... so mutch for complicated bypassing in the psu lines.

Attachments

• big cap.jpg
    big cap.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 361
rowemeister said:
The Servo psu mod is a superb improvement, it pushes what the servo clock etc did to a new level.

All I have done this time is improve it further ;)

I swapped 2x 3.2VA tx for 2x 7VA, swapped 4x 16v 220uF Silmics for 16V 470uF ZA and added the extra base plate for more mass.

Brent

Looked awesome in the workshop! I'm now in the "seen it heard it" club. TY!

I bet it did sound good when you got home! :D