Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Thomo said:
hmm, I must do some more mods to my player, it's been way too long, (at least a week).
Regards, Lee.

A week? I just listen to mine now! Gotta be nine months or something... :cannotbe:

Tempted as I am to put all my music (as FLAC files) on an NAS server (QNAP probably) feeding a Squeezebox over wi-fi, plugged into a nice DAC... which I'd probably make... CDs are so yesterday... :mischiev:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Glenn2 said:

Tempted as I am to put all my music (as FLAC files) on an NAS server (QNAP probably) feeding a Squeezebox over wi-fi, plugged into a nice DAC... which I'd probably make... CDs are so yesterday... :mischiev:

I know this seems a bit off topic, but can you explain your text please ? I am always interested in new tech ;)

FLAC files (what are these?)

NAS server (QNAP probably) (Hard disk server ?)

Squeezebox over wi-fi (Is wi-fi speedy enough to transmit real time music ?)

so yesterday ( your tech is so much better ?)

Regards

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Über Sound

After some trouble fitting the Spower rig near the opamps, I am now rewarded with a much better detail and transient response.

Strings are now believable and female voice is almost perfect.

Ricardo

Attachments

• p1010008 (small).jpg
    p1010008 (small).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 304
Very nice! Very tidy too.

Good to see it's sounding good:xeye: (if that makes sense).

I have had a productive day also. Fitted two extra 5v sregs. So now have them on decoder, hf & servo analog rails. Going to add some dedicated psu's now.

Can't get over how much better than my cd67 this '63 sounds, with far fewer psu's too!

I may post a pic when I've tidied it up a bit and added some psu's.

Lee.

edit: gotta keep up with Simon's. Can't have him bringing his here and being beaten in my own home!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Thomo said:

If anyone has any ideas where I can mount a rather large 30va toroid for my discrete stage, please tell me!

Hi Lee.

Mine is inside but you can always hang it on the outside (I love the hanging in the back cool look)...;)

By the way, after beeing connected all night, the noises disappeared and the sound is beautifull.... Now I even hear people speaking in the back stage of Keith Jarret.

I now believe the next mod will be the discrete output... :D

Attachments

• p1010010 (small).jpg
    p1010010 (small).jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 298
Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:

The 14V on the opamp output would most likely have been a missing -14V as Lee said.

Hi Brent

The sound is so much more detailed with this mod... Now I start to understand the possibilities of a discrete output.

I was having a bad contact in the -15v to the left opamp... Now everything is smooth again.

Thank you for all the help and support.

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi

I still have a small issue..... The remote only works if pointed at less than one inch from the sensor in the CDP.

I do not know what started this but it is like that for a couple of month now.

What should I do to correct this ?

Another question rose .... How does the volume control work ? Does it keep all the information of the CD ?

I seem to notice a better sound and better STN ratio when the volume is 100%.

Regards

Ricardo

Re: Ricardo the TX behind the mechanism?

magilla said:
How is that thing secured in place? I've thought of mounting a tranny there but been stumped as how to secure it and don't want to just rely on friction and inertia.

Also a public thanks to Brent for cleaning up my C1.

Hot glue works well. I've also used silicone which was ok too, just had to wait for it to set.

Lee.