Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

So I dig around in one of my other boxes, mostly full of wires and junk. In there was a small, white box. I think "oh, this is just that old laser in some bubble-wrap...", but also in the wrap was el jackpot! :happy2:

Attachments

• super reg.jpg
    super reg.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 323
This is the Audiocom Super-regulator. As the name implies it's not bad. The SPower is fractionally bigger (due to the output FET), and is thought to be superior-sounding. Certainly the SPower can supply much more current and doesn't sag under tough loads. I use some of each and have never directly compared (there's not much point for me as there are still 7805s to be replaced in my machine). Even this reg is night and day over a 7805 ;)

Just working out how to install it without removing the PCB lol!

Simon

RCruz said:
Where are you putting it ?

DAC digital, otherwise known as Pin 16 or DVDD. Previously a 7805 fed this pin, directly through the hole left by the long-gone power supply resistor RD04.

To upgrade the reg without removing the PCB (and hence making it go breaky) I weakened the legs and rocked it till it snapped off. I then soldered to the leftovers... :cool:

I tested the reg first with a comical rig of wiring and electronic junk all over my bed... so tonight I may be sleeping with my CD63, or just little pieces of solder and strands of copper!

Anyway, it's in and playing :devilr:

Simon

Attachments

• dac digital pins.jpg
    dac digital pins.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 308
Hi Ray, thanks for the answer and great little circuit, what I did is what you wrote, adjusted the pot so that DC on 2 = DC on 3rd pin. Since I have parts for another one I consider putting it to the DAC of my receiver or to servo clock, well, I'll see, right now I enjoy the new sound.

Greetings,
P.