Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:

The better the reg the better outcome you will get. A Raygulator type device will work a treat
Hi Brent

Can I use a LD1086 for the clock psu on the dac ?

I have only one of those and read they can be unstable with little loads... can it be an issue ?

By the way, I just installed the DAC digital +5v rayreg and it is burning beautifully.... better stereo image and stage depth.

Regards

Ricardo

To separate or not?

I notice that Brent's player mod list has the DAC and Decoder each powered by a PSU, with 5V feeds for analogue and digital bits; is it best to use power the digital and analogue together, or the chip( DAC or decoder) as Brent has?

The single channel static noise vulnerability seems to have been sured by 1086s on main 5V feed and on the output opamps 12V. All three were free samples, so its a pretty good tip.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: To separate or not?

magilla said:
I notice that Brent's player mod list has the DAC and Decoder each powered by a PSU, with 5V feeds for analogue and digital bits; is it best to use power the digital and analogue together, or the chip( DAC or decoder) as Brent has?
My experiments indicate that each +5v should have it´s own dedicated psu.

My CD 53 now has 6 TX windings working independently.

Everytime I add one more TX, a big improvement is felt.

Brents machine sumarizes all of the known best practices in this forum.

Ricardo

rowemeister said:
That's nice Simon, I see you have modded it with those studs since I last saw you with it. LOL

Brent

noob.jpg

SimontY said:
He's more pointing at your quote!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
rowemeister said:
Your eyes are more monged than mine son
LMAO
Brent

Mongs.
===========
Is there anything wrong with not using dc blocking on the output of my discrete? (apart from frying any amps without blocking on their inputs).

I would rather just have dc blocking on my preamp, then I can use my nice caps there and make everything sound better!

Lee.

Oh, and has anyone seen my multimeter?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
Yes, supply voltage from the main smoothing cap before the SPower regulation.

Hi Brent

The C1 arrived..!!!

I would like to place it on U196 but this link is covered by a large 470uF OsCon I placed in CD05.

Should I place the cap on CD04 and place the clock nearer the DAC (option 1), or should I leave the big CD05 and place the clock on the XD01 output hole (option 2) ?

I will replace RD01 with a LM340AT and remove CD04 if (option 2) is ok.

Regards

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
I would place the clock as near to the dac as possible.

Arrived today! It was posted on the 5th or 6th at the latest. That's a rubbish amount of time, I apologise.

Hi Brent

So I should remove CD05, Keep CD04, replace RD01 with a reg ?

I know the delay is not normal but we are experiencing truck driver strikes all over the Country (due to diesel prices) and the 10th was a National Holiday so I guess it was not bad after all.

Ricardo