Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
Yes do it. The cd player is less sensetive to poor gnds than an amp but the principle is still the same. And once you have a star gnd installed you can run all new psu gnds to it.

Well that will be easy... my mains are earthed.

What type of resistor should I use... bypassed by a cap (small big?)

Can you suggest a good value (my mains are rated at 220V)

Regards

Ricardo

Yep pretty much lol. I have to post in bursts between my work :D.

Upgrading quite a few cd players at the moment, we have a Marantz CD6002 and Cambridge Audio Azur 640 V2 in. Both nice cd players with a different approach to where the design of the circuits. Marantz goes for its usuall nice caps in vital areas approach and decent rail seperation where the Cambridge as fitted a better TX and concentrated on the clock and servo areas. A combination of the two ideas would sound very good.

The Marantz has the edge overall but both sound very good for budget cd players (£250-£300 range) both miles better than a cd63 in standard form.

Brent

Right Im going to sell my cd-63 then and get a CA !!!

Prevention of unlawful destruction when I next open. Might try source some black gate standards, and will finally install my CMC RCA plugs. No more major mods from me until I eventually get my act and accounts in order and think about letting brent loose on my player.

Im lurking rather than posting, but am planning a speaker cable build, so am hanging around the loudspeaker area of the form pestering people for help.

On another note, parents bringing the new amp down this weekend and I can't wait. Heard it at home the other week and it made my Monitor audio B2s sound very good indeed, now I can't wait to see it tame the ATCs.

SimontY said:
The CA would be nicer to work on, but the Marantz has the nice output stage and is sonically a large step up....

Ad - your player should smoke the CD6002 stock anyway, so don't worry ;-)

Talking of smog, hope you're enjoying your new expensive environment and it's all going well, work and all.

Simon

O my player does, every cd player that comes into the same room as my 63 self combusts in fear of a beating from the battle scarred vet that is my 63 :D

You northerners do seem a lot more friendly, the amount of poeple who give you weird looks when you look at them on teh tube and smile is funny and worrying. Plenty of women think your trying to rape them with you eyes :D

Oh yeah he's a Landoner now

Brent

One goes to wine bars with ones aquintances to drink ones finely brewed beverages with ones overpriced nibble that they call a main course. One also wheres ones suit with pride and must have pole up bum posture and hold ones chin up high. Now one is off to high st Ken to shop for ones mistress

Im like a child waiting for this amp as I know the ATCs will sound very very differnet, and will literally be opened up. Pity my room is over 4m sqaured and the walls don't have a lot on them. I have a massive carpet infront of the tv/av/hi-fi setup but t still sounds a bit echoy and open.

Il take the lady out then when we come back il hang a few rugs on the wall :smash::xeye: