Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

SimontY said:
LOL, ok then. I'm listening to my JVCs I stole from the dump site, with £30 worth of drivers (all three in each upgraded - 1" Wharfedale, 4" Audax poly (run FR), 8" Wharfedale (run FR)), fed from LM3886 dual mono chip amp, Rod Elliott preamp and heavily modified CD63KI.

Ramsey Lewis Trio is playing and my beer was Excelsior - mmmmm.

I think my point here is that however crap your room and cheap your speakers, a good source seems to get the music through! And - believe me - this is making quite good music! Lots of life and detail at low levels.

almost human - but I prefered the green version!

Thomo,

Actually, Elton John wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for his muffin head!

I think your mod has come to the stage where you need to remove the drive and have it mounted independently from the electronics.

Keeping the electronics in the original enclosure, using the space to expand the electronics.

Replace the opening, left from the removal of the drive, with some nice lighting.

Then build a nice solid wooden box, with some form of independent sub frame suspension, for the drive.

What do you think???

delphiplasma said:
Thomo,

Actually, Elton John wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for his muffin head!

I think your mod has come to the stage where you need to remove the drive and have it mounted independently from the electronics.

Keeping the electronics in the original enclosure, using the space to expand the electronics.

Replace the opening, left from the removal of the drive, with some nice lighting.

Then build a nice solid wooden box, with some form of independent sub frame suspension, for the drive.

What do you think???

I had thought about doing something with the transport, but I really have to keep everything in one box. I already get moaned at about my modded electrical fan heater (Quad405), lol.

I'm going to wait a bit now, and transfer everything to a cd63 with two clocks, I keep being told it'll have the edge in detail, I hope they're right!

Who's Billy Sport?

Lee.

SimontY said:
LOL, ok then. I'm listening to my JVCs I stole from the dump site, with £30 worth of drivers (all three in each upgraded - 1" Wharfedale, 4" Audax poly (run FR), 8" Wharfedale (run FR)), fed from LM3886 dual mono chip amp, Rod Elliott preamp and heavily modified CD63KI.

Ramsey Lewis Trio is playing and my beer was Excelsior - mmmmm.

I think my point here is that however crap your room and cheap your speakers, a good source seems to get the music through! And - believe me - this is making quite good music! Lots of life and detail at low levels.

What's that smell? Simon's sockets? Oh no, my... this is diesel! After talking of cars we talk of farm tractor now?
Ah these guys with their cams and other stupid stuff =)

As for my tiny black CD53 I think I'll go for R TX even if I wonder the LM4562 deserves it... better go for SRegs instead of Raygulators?

Matthieu, gone washing is smelly hands... pouah!

I was in Doncaster last night, checking out these new silver RCAs and Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold on the über-63...

VERY good! It's never been so clear and lifelike :bigeyes:

Fantastic sound, notwithstanding the upper midrange room colour, which you can soon "tune out".

I don't recall the bass ever being so tuneful or the detail so extreme and tidily presented. All this without being one degree cooler than the Canaries.... that is to say it's warm AND clear, a rare thing indeed.

So do we all need silver sockets and Mundorf caps? Probably :(

Simon