Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Re: Super Regulator review

Malefoda said:
Here is the pictures of the player at the moment.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Matthieu

Very neat work Matthieu!

Your work has been slow and steady. Slow in a good sense - I think it's too easy to try too many things at once and not appreciate the individual contribution of each modification. I'm often guilty of doing that!:D

SimontY said:
I have lots of noise too, and I'm not sure where it comes from, so I'll be eagerly following developments..

Simon

Hi Simon,

I had some hum problems that I cured by switching to shielded inductors. The right channel also had a little bit of high frequency noise which I think is because it's nearer to the Tent clock board.
It all went away using the new inductors (Toko 10RB) - might be worth thinking about. Your player is quite busy inside and unshielded inductors could be picking up anything.

That might not be your problem, but it may be worth a try.
They're only about a quid a pop (+ P&P) from jabdog.

Glenn

Re: marantz63mod

quan said:
Hi, i have check the 12volts supply around op-amp-both are good-getting 11.86 and -11.86V.
Is it a slow leakage as if it only happen after a minute or two of playing-the machine sound great but goes dead! Where to check next guys ? Thanks Quan.:bigeyes:

Check if there is a component getting hot, especially where you have made changes.

André

Hi Matthieu.

I haven't tried that cable, but I have made the "U Byte 1" interconnects from TNT Audio website. They are better on cd to amp than my £150 QED Qudos Silver thingy's.

I also use CAT5 twisted pairs speaker cable which I also found to be better than all the speaker cables I could find up to £20 per metre.

Regards,

Lee (busy trying to make my turntable sound as good as my cd player).

Interconnect recommendation

Malefoda said:
CD53e Black Signature

Nice name.

If you appreciate a smooth and natural sound with zero fatigue, then I can whole-heartedly recommend the type of interconnect I use.

Vampire solid copper phono plugs, enamelled solid-core copper wire, standard twisted pair geometry, and deep cryogenically treated.

Lovely and warm (you might say "low distortion!")

I bought the bits off an Ebay seller, but I'm sure you can find similar parts elsewhere. Of reportedly similar quality would be the famous "Bullet" plugs.

Simon

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Malefoda said:
And about the BG they do need burn in period, now vocals are so fluent and soft! As for I've seen in my player and for opamp fellows the LM4652 and BG are unbeatable!
I can not agree more..!!

My player took one week to burn the BG on the LM4652 and now everything seems to come into place.

Thank you all for your help.

Have a great New 2008....:hot:

Ricardo