Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Luke said:
but we got more culture;-) Where are you from Jksmurf?

Glenn, nice to hear that. I would like to go to alaska or Canada, preferably both. Allways seem to end up back in Europe as I have a German wife. I think we are due for a visit next year.

Culture? Get outta here...Wellington is almost South Isl. anwyay (Except when it comes to the 'canes...)

Believe it or not born in Wgtn, school in Wgtn (St Pats Stream), Uni at Canterbury (but folks lived North of Auck), Dad's a Coaster (Hokitika), I worked in Auck a few years then went o/s. And get this... I have a German wife ...LOL...... but we live in HK.

k.

Thanks for the travel advise, guys.
Unfortunately the south island is out as I am being paid to stay in a hotel in Napier ( all meals etc. included) but I do have to travel up to Gisborne later in the week so I'll rent a car. How long do you think it wil take to get there and back? I guess I'll have to rent it for 2-3 days at least?

Such hard work, this is. Anyone want a job? We're still recruiting.

Andy

Andy,

Gisborne is about 4 hours drive, its a nice drive too. I grew up in Hastings, about 20k South of Napier. Im surprised to hear your going to be stationed there, theres not much industry in Napier, its rural and port town. Have fun, the weather is nice in the bay.

BTW any use for a network counsultant or engineer, Ive been thinking it would be nice to head back to the bay?

martin clark said:
That would be great. The real issue is to avoid the clock signal and return wiring carrying anything other than clock signal, i.e. NO operating current(s). This can only be done by providing the clock with its own secondary winding, rectifier etc.

It's quite OK to have this dedicated secondary on the same transformer as other supplies - at least its a long, long way down the list of things worth worring about IMO :)

Now I can hear it!

Thanks everone for the advice!

Pete:)

marantz 67 mods

Hi guys,-newbie- i have replaced parts on my Marantz 67- help please-trouble shooting guide--when switch on
right chanel-lifeless sound ,no noise coming from the left chanel except a loud pop if i turn the volume up. I also noticed the cone on the left speaker is moving slowly . THANKS IN ADVANCE.:bawling:

SimontY said:

Hi Pete, what do you hear? :D

Simon

I'm useless at describing sound perceptions!

Generally just an overall increase in the detail. With Lambchop ("is a woman" cd) there's a greater sense of separation between the different instruments (especially in quiet passages).
I'll leave the descriptive part there, before I sound even more of an audio luvvy.

In fact, I've only connected the clock to the psu at present. When I added the second set of diodes etc. to seperate the secondaries, to also feed the dac, I found that one of the secondaries was faulty (I think I drilled into the tx when drilling the fixing mounts in the pcb!). So maybe some more improvement to come when I get a replacement tx.

Pete

marantz 67 mod

pic-

Attachments

• jse_marantzmod_009.jpg
    jse_marantzmod_009.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 338
Hi Ray,
3 days ago I fitted +12V/-12V Raygulator on small pcb with independent new PSU (1Amp 12 VAC....= 12VA ???).
The regs inject to op amp via R651/R653, ground from regs going to star gnd (output RCA) via C653/654 and ground from psu wired to C801/C802.

Before fitted, I have checked output regs and got +11.96V and -11.68V, but after sitted in the CDP I got ((+9.69 V), (-11.67V), standby mode) and ((+9.60V), (-11.67V), running mode), what happened??....(raw DC supply from new psu (+16.10VDC), (-15.96VDC)

After 10 hours 'break in' I have noted that sound more open, more smooth and more dinamic especially in the mid range area also more deep and weight bass but I don't yet satisfy with bass resolution, I need more. What can I do?, replace dioda with fast recovery ? (1N4937), release snubber circuit?,bypass caps tank in the new PSU? or replace + regs?, others?

Note: PSU with 2xBG 1000uF/35V, dioda (1N4007) and snubber.

Regards
aquar

Attachments

• 12v regs.jpg
    12v regs.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 299