Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

6h5c said:
No, you need a scope for that. You can monitor the HF signal at R105 (TP13) and adjust the current with the small trimpot that's on the flexfoil of the laserunit. If you remove the three screws that hold the transport and tilt it >90 degrees, you can easily reach the trimpot after you take out the drawer, without having to disconnect anything. Then pop the drawer back in and measure again to see the result of the adjustment.

Ray

I find the same problems with the VAM laser on the 63,67 & 6000.
Yes the 6000 is easily sorted with the cap but to get the laser perfect in the 63 and 67 you need to adjust grating. The grating is not supposed to be adjusted but i find it cures it. The grating is adjusted by the two grub screws on the laser

If you are doing it blind (no scope) adjust one screw 1/4 turn in one direction and test the tracking, if it gets worse turn back and if it gets better turn further to test etc. One screw will not make much difference (can't remember which one).

Brent

6h5c said:
Ah, thanks Brent, just like the good old Pioneer units :D.
Maybe i'm going to give it a try. Is there also a way of measuring it? I remember with the Pioneers you had to look at the EF balance signal or something like that, and watch for a small pulse to appear on the scope.

Regards,

Ray

Off the top of my head im not sure of the point to test. To be honest I usually just do it without a scope :smash:

Brent

marcusdeming said:
Ray,

Can i check with you if your mod list the 100n X7R is the one here taken from farnell singapore.
Epcos 100n X7R

Can you also help me in locating the 100n PPS, i am sorry i am quite a nerd with these small electronic parts..

regards,
marcus

Hi Marcus,

All the 100n X7R I used are through hole, the one you selected is an SMD cap. Allthough that doesn't mean it can't be used, soldering it on the PCB can be a bit tricky :clown:. The 121-6440 is a through hole version. The 100n PPS is the 969-5532.

Regards,

Ray

6h5c said:

Hi Marcus,

All the 100n X7R I used are through hole, the one you selected is an SMD cap. Allthough that doesn't mean it can't be used, soldering it on the PCB can be a bit tricky :clown:. The 121-6440 is a through hole version. The 100n PPS is the 969-5532.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Ray, so i am supposed to solder them below the caps, underneath the pcb, for those where the remarks column state a "+100n x7r" or "+100n pps". If i am not mistaken, this is more impt for the circuit at the DAC and opamps right?

btw whats the meaning of "PPS"...?

regards,
Marcus