Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Simon have a look in the farnell & RS catalogues, would the CEEP & AMP connectors do the job ? The advantage is removable pins and sockets, the advantage being.......you can probably go get them silver plated, gold plated conn pins already available. The CEEP look pretty good to me also. Take a look.

RS 314-5500 onwards CEEP

RS 117-6170 onwards for AMP

AMP give the advantage that individual pins can be changed over time if you are unhappy with resistance readings.

As far as cable is concerned, why not make up your own individual chosen cables, screened if necessary, bunched together in a nice mesh sleeve ? These easily fit into a suitably sized AMP connector. You can even use mutiple ground connectors to reduce resistance, and mutiples for dc to increase headroom ?

Dennis

Here's the 2nd psu at player end. This feeds the divider chip that takes the 16.9mhz from the Audiocom clock and splits it in two for the servo clock....

Attachments

• servo5v.jpg
    servo5v.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 315
And here was the eureka moment!! It didn't work at first, naturally, it wanted to tease me. The disc just span super fast and was approaching take off speed when I turned it off! I decided the psu grounds might like connecting to the CDP ground. Yep, it liked that!

It's now quietly playing reggae... I should resist saying anything before a "proper" listen, but.... I can't!!! The warmth, space, detail, dynamics, gorgeous textures. I hope this is the same when I wake up, you can't trust a quick night listen (always impressive at night).

The next time someone says "reclocking brings minimal gains" I will chuckle to myself... They can keep their Aiwa. :clown:

Attachments

• glowing.jpg
    glowing.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 306
SimontY said:
And here was the eureka moment!! It didn't work at first, naturally, it wanted to tease me. The disc just span super fast and was approaching take off speed when I turned it off! I decided the psu grounds might like connecting to the CDP ground. Yep, it liked that!

It's now quietly playing reggae... I should resist saying anything before a "proper" listen, but.... I can't!!! The warmth, space, detail, dynamics, gorgeous textures. I hope this is the same when I wake up, you can't trust a quick night listen (always impressive at night).

The next time someone says "reclocking brings minimal gains" I will chuckle to myself... They can keep their Aiwa. :clown:

Excellent mate. The Super reg on the servo clock pcb makes such a good improvement ;)

Brent

rowemeister said:

Excellent mate. The Super reg on the servo clock pcb makes such a good improvement ;)

Brent

Of course it's the DAC and servo clocks that have just been massively upgraded. The improvement is wonderful. Very easy to follow individual instruments and each one has a lovely sense of space around it. The top end is better, as you said it would be. The bass has been reigned in a touch I think.

However... Listening louder today, there's a very obvious squeal on top of a lower pitched tone, almost a hum, coming from the speakers. Some kind of coupling of noise into something sensitive? Something oscillating? I do have the psus randomly resting on the pcb, temporarily.

Simon