Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2006, 03:11 PM   #981
diyAudio Member

Yeah there is no way on earth a CD-17 KI will be better than a half modded 63/SE or KI.

Still nice to compare though!
Old 24th February 2006, 04:14 PM   #982
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 6h5c

Don't they make anything decent anymore these days????
Ray.
SM5872 ?
Old 24th February 2006, 04:52 PM   #983
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by martin clark
Before unsoldering anything just check your clock connections if you are using one. The disc motor spinning up out of control is usually a sign that the decoder (SAA--- chip) is not getting the clock signal (so motor output drifts to one pole or another) or the clock is starting up late (slow ramp-up on power supply is frequent suspect), with the same effect.

The clock need to start up early after switch on to avoid this - so massive filtering /long time constants in its supply can cause problems, too.

HTH.
No external clock. I just did the Part 1 and 2 mods from Acoustica.org and upgraded the op-amps in the output section.

I've checked the voltages all around the chip in question and found correct voltage on one the feed side of the various resistors leading in, then found crazy opposite voltage on the other side. Like I said, something is bringing down the voltage on the other side of that chip, I'm assuming its a short through the IC. I'll try removing the chip and testing the rails, but I'm 90% sure this is the problem.
Old 24th February 2006, 05:20 PM   #984
ZuMbAiU is offline ZuMbAiU  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Guys I have one MarantZ CD65,but I can`t find any good for this model.May be my MarantZ is any Philips model?
Will be great if anyone can help me with any modifications for the CD65 because I can`t read more then 42 pages from this very big thread.
And what is the problem with the firmware updates.I have one Onkyo CD Player and with the last firmware my first CD-Player can read a MP3 files from CD Disk.If anyone can help with any source for the Marantz firmwares will be great for the thread,because google.com can`t help me for this big question?
Old 24th February 2006, 05:41 PM   #985
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rfbrw
SM5872 ?
Yes, thank goodness for that....

Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sm5872bs.jpg (57.5 KB, 454 views)
Old 24th February 2006, 05:47 PM   #986
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZuMbAiU
---Guys I have one MarantZ CD65,but I can`t find any good for this model.May be my MarantZ is any Philips model?
Will be great if anyone can help me with any modifications for the CD65 because I can`t read more then 42 pages from this very big thread.---
Hi ZuMbAiU,

The CD65 uses the TDA1541 DAC according to my info, and that's a good one!
I don't know the rest of the player, but if it is well built it could be worth tweaking it. I'm afraid you'll have to start reading this thread for a general idea on modding, unless you find another one concerning this model .
A lot of things discussed here apply to players in general. If you have specific questions i'm sure there will be someone around to help you, especially if you have a schematic.

Regards,

Ray.
Old 24th February 2006, 06:15 PM   #987
ZuMbAiU is offline ZuMbAiU  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

The questions:
1.What I can`t find any firmware updates for the Marantz players?
2.May be I can make better my player with anything.May be I can start with any cheap mod ,but I can`t also find any schematics or any info for any modifications for this model?

ThankZ!
Old 24th February 2006, 06:31 PM   #988
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Guys I have one MarantZ CD65,but I can`t find any good for this model.May be my MarantZ is any Philips model?
Will be great if anyone can help me with any modifications for the CD65 because I can`t read more then 42 pages from this very big thread.
And what is the problem with the firmware updates.I have one Onkyo CD Player and with the last firmware my first CD-Player can read a MP3 files from CD Disk.If anyone can help with any source for the Marantz firmwares will be great for the thread,because google.com can`t help me for this big question?

Most of the parts are Phillips. There are no firmware updates for this CD. In fact, I've never seen a firmware update for a CD player. Only DVD players and/or SACD players. It will never play MP3s.
Old 24th February 2006, 08:30 PM   #989
awpagan is offline awpagan  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:

there are post with like this that will give same chipsets used as yours
find similar chipset and search for those players
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...ht=#post797190

or search on tda1541 dac
some marantz and philips players rebadged
hope this helps

allan
Old 24th February 2006, 09:15 PM   #990
mickie is offline mickie  Germany
diyAudio Member

Thank you guys for your quick response;
C801/802, C811/812 again: Can i use 0,1uF there or would that be too much (want to use Black Gates again...); are those caps connected to the diodes somehow? Couldn't figure it out for sure...
Looking at the pcb, i realized that in the output-section several parts were implemented in series: coupling-caps (2x 220uF), output resistors 2 x 100 ohm. Any idea why the developers of the CD67 would do this?

A big problem on my CD67 is the tranformer, buzzing and vibrating like an electric razor...makes me afraid it might jump off my rack....
No, its really annoying; think i have to swap it soon. What exact voltages do i need there?

I also have an old L-Clock XO left from my rega cd-player, the frequencies fit; the problem is how to install it, don't have a clue...could need your help here as well...

Sorry, lot of questions i know...but my knowledge of electronics is rather limited...

Hide this!Advertise here!