Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

6h5c said:

Do you know what power supply this clock needs? If it's 12V, you can tap power in the player from C813, there's about 11VDC there, should work fine. You can connect the clock's + to U268 (the plus of C813), and the GND to U267 (the minus of C813). See picture. But the best solution is to use a separate power supply with a small PCB transformer and a regulator.
You can connect the clock's output signal to the player by removing CD02, CD03, XD01, RD02 and U209. Connect the output of the clock to the hole of U209 that's next to CD05.
If you drop me an e-mail I can send you the CD67 schematics if you like. That might enlighten things a bit.

No problem! Glad to be of help.

Regards,

Ray.

I get why cd02, cd03, xd01 should be removed. But why should rd02 and u209 be removed?

I'm installing a tent xo tonight and the tentlabs instructions do not talk about removing these parts. So therefor my question on this.

gy21 said:

I get why cd02, cd03, xd01 should be removed. But why should rd02 and u209 be removed?

I'm installing a tent xo tonight and the tentlabs instructions do not talk about removing these parts. So therefor my question on this.

HI.

U209 does not really need to be removed but if not, it acts as an antenna !
RD02 is not actually required at all. The internal inverter already has a resistor built-in which performs the same function ie. it biases the inverter into linear mode so it acts as an amplifier. It is more 'belt and braces' than functional !

Andy

FET output stage

Finally the parts I ordered arrived yesterday, so I could finish the player with the FET-stage i'm working on.
I built a new, serious version of the passive filter part, with 1% PS caps, precision resistors and matched inductors. I've just spent an hour listening to it. Wow. Guys, you really should try this.
The clarity, resolution, it's great. It beats the hell out of my opamp setup. :yes:

Attachments

• passive_filter.jpg
    passive_filter.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 517
SimontY said:
Nice one Ray!

Why don't they make them like that to begin with? :whazzat:

The part count looks low.

Simon

awpagan said:
ray
very clean and professional looking work:D

allan

Thanks guys,

The filter part is very easy. Building the FET-stage using the HDAM lay-out is a bit tricky.
But it fits without cutting any traces :D.
I use some MKC output caps that I had, but I think i'm going to put in some Auricaps, or Reliable.

Maybe i'm even going to put those nice shiny metal cans back....

Ray.

Attachments

• fet_stage.jpg
    fet_stage.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 505
Hi Dave,

What voltage(s) does your clock need? At C803/804 you'll find close to +/-24V depending on their size, after Q801/802 it's +/-12V. I wouldn't recommend tapping it from there, since that is the analog supply, but it will do no harm, it's temporary. If the clock needs only a single supply you can tap it from C813, it's around 12V there.

Regards,

Ray.

Hi Ray it needs both +12v/-12v can be as high as 15vdc

Thanks Dave

6h5c said:

Thanks guys,

The filter part is very easy. Building the FET-stage using the HDAM lay-out is a bit tricky.
But it fits without cutting any traces :D.
I use some MKC output caps that I had, but I think i'm going to put in some Auricaps, or Reliable.

Maybe i'm even going to put those nice shiny metal cans back....

Ray.

i'm using wima MKC4 4.7uF out.
was thinking of solen.

allan

awpagan said:
simple plug in replacement
i like them:D

the regs arn't to bad.

try giving the regs a clean earth point.

allan

Yeah, the are not that bad :D
But I want to try the Tentlabs shunt regulators in the near future, see if that changes things even more positive.

After my output-stage fever has cooled down i'm going to take a look at the ground plane/star point stuff.

Ray.

rowemeister said:
Not quite as exciting as Rays discrete output but I thought I would keep people informed of my latest advantures.

Here is a pic of my Servo , RF and HF reg pcb thats going to replace the existing one.

Ive used Schottky diodes and silmic caps with audiocom super regs.

Is that what Warren G meant by Regulate, as in "regulatoooors, mount up.."?

You think Warren G and Nate Dog considered Audiocom regs?

:hot: :headshot: