Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

- Did the OPA-SUN fit standing up or did you have to use the extenders?
- What wire should I use to hook up the clock power and signal with. I am assuming a twisted pair for power but was not sure about the signal. Is there good small shielded coax of some sort that should be used? I also need recommendation on wire/cable to use to go from DOS to RCA output jacks.
Thanks

I suggest you go through Ray's web page and you will find all the information you need. Ray's Audio Page
. . .

I have bought a pair of opamps (OPA-SUN) and a clock (Type1 - TCXO) from this seller: ºÍ§Ó*µ响 The products are of HIGH quality and the delivery is quick using DHL (parcel arrives 5-7 days from place of order with good communication) that I would also recommend.

Flea Kit - Surface Mount Componants

Well, I opened up the Flea Kit ready to assemble but noticed that there are a handful of Surface Mount Componants that need to be installed. Not sure as I am up to the task of trying to get these very small guys soldered onto the board. Any tricks of the trade?

Ray's flea requires 18V supply and what you should have done was when you ordered the flea from Ray you should request him to order a 18V voltage regulator for you from his known source. In my case Ray ordered the 18V voltage regulator for me when I purchased the 2 fleas from him. Ray provides very good service indeed :up:
. . .
QUOTE]

- Did the OPA-SUN fit standing up or did you have to use the extenders?
- What wire should I use to hook up the clock power and signal with. I am assuming a twisted pair for power but was not sure about the signal. Is there good small shielded coax of some sort that should be used? I also need recommendation on wire/cable to use to go from DOS to RCA output jacks.
Thanks

The OPA-SUN fits standing up and you can see my photo below.
For the clock power I use ordinary copper wires but twisted them together. For the coaxial I bought HF shielded coaxial cable from eBay having small diameter. From DOS to RCA I used OCC copper cables.

Attachments

• P1010641.jpg
    P1010641.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 204
Well, I opened up the Flea Kit ready to assemble but noticed that there are a handful of Surface Mount Componants that need to be installed. Not sure as I am up to the task of trying to get these very small guys soldered onto the board. Any tricks of the trade?
Well when I bought the two fleas from Ray, Ray had done me a favor of soldering the very small surface mount components for me before shipment :D Thanks Ray.

Hi, I find it best to use a magnifying lamp when soldering smd's. This works really well. I happened to get one included with the purchase of a soldering station last year, which made it all a real bargain. But you should be able to find one somewhere on the internet for not too much. Once you get used to the magnifying lamp you will likely use it for most all pcb soldering. At least that's how it has gone for me.

I should have added in my post the following:
In soldering smd resistors I first put some solder on one of the pads. Then I get the resistor in place on that pad and hold the resistor with a pointy thing like a soldering tool or a pencil tip, and then heat the solder on the pad and hold the resistor in place until the solder cools, only a couple seconds. I try to have the resistor properly lined up on the other pad at this time. It's easy to readjust by just heating the one pad with solder on it and slightly moving the resistor. When all is well then just add solder to the other pad and the resistor. The one thing you do not want to do it apply too much heat directly to the resistor as the film is delicate. And I always check the connection with my dmm after soldering to be sure of things.