Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Hi Alan, (serious face on)

I have had loads of Cambridge stuff, most of it during the 90s. I have not been able to find any info on the net about this one. I would suggest that this was not one of their supposed "audiophile" offerings and was probably not that expensive new. However it depends what gubbins is inside it (Dac chip, transport, power supply) as to whether it is worth modding and spending money on.

Do you like how it sounds now? Are you looking to :-
a) improve it's sound
b) practice your up-grade skills on it, whether its sound better at the end or not.
c) Hope not to kill it with kindness.

Rob.

cd

not seen a 1541 with 1202 laser!!! Normally they are no later then CDM4??? I could be mistaken, it has been known!! lol
Its the weirdest 1202 ive seen, laser yes rest no ie transport mech, some guy said no phonos but it has?? digital and spidif too trust me getting a weirdo:D only saying 1541 cos that what i managed to trawl up on the net.
post some pics soon as i can alan

CD36

See attached pic found on ebay.
Like I said. Hard wired interconnects.

Attachments

• image.php.jpg
    image.php.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 181
I have normal IECs in my gear, although I leave the earths floating. I use snap-on connectors so I can still get the board out easily. I tried an EMI filter in my amp and it did noticeably degrade the sound, and so I didn't bother trying in the CD player. I think one of the big reasons computers have them is to stop PSU noise getting back out into the mains rather than the other way around. Ray's mods list mentions fitting a different kind of filter onto the PCB, but I haven't tried that yet. I definitely find that my system sounds better at night than it does during the day with washing machines going, etc.