Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

The player is in the workshop today!

I have removed both C2 clocks and replaced them with our new C3 clocks, lowered the 2x transformer voltage from 18V to 9V so that the current capabilities are doubled and to lower heat. Lowered the two SPower HC voltages feeding the clocks to 6.3V. Decoupled the input voltage to each clock with a Black Gate 470uF capacitor and have fed the signal to dac , decoder and servo via some Missing Link 'Digit' 75 ohm silver coax.

Giving the player a good hour to settle in a bit straight away we can here deeper fuller bass, better separation of instruments and vocals, a little better improvement in the treble. The whole sound is more analogue than ever, listening to 'Jazz at the Pawn shop' and the double bass sounds just like when I hear it live at a jazz club! the texture of each string is easily heard with a natural depth to the sound.

More burning in will improve on this and getting it home will reveal even more.

In a few weeks / months some of the SPower HC regulators will be swapped out for the SPower D regs on the digital rails

I have updated the mods page too -The worlds greatest CD63 !

Brent

Last edited:
LMAO

And that ebay listing is not exactly accurate either. I remember reading about 8 years ago that Marantz presented the copper player to Ken to say thanks for all the KI that were sold worldwide. Ken was quoted as saying there is too much copper and it will effect the eddy currents. lol

They then made a limited run of them for £1000 and David Price was given one.

Or I could have just imagined all that! :confused:

Brent