Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 07:28 PM   #8921
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre Visser
Hi Ricardo

I think your measurements is close enough to what is specified, those figures is based on theory.

Hi André

I was warned that trying to get info not related with this thread is called threadjacking so I will not do it again.

Thank you the same.

Regards

Ricardo
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 08:34 PM   #8922
Glenn2 is offline Glenn2  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Glenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Default Re: AD8066

Quote:
Originally posted by Malefoda
Anyway, if there is still some opamps folks around there, anyone had an ear to the AD8066?

Matthieu

Yes (well 2xAD8065 on Brown Dog adaptors).

It's a very good op-amp. One of the best.
Very sweet, very musical, deep tight bass, lacks a little warmth.
Better than anything Burr-Brown ever made in my opinion....
...but I have always been a fan of the AD chips over the others.
Maximum recommended is +12V/-12V (but sounds great at this limit). More like AD826 than AD825.

Glenn
  Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 08:49 PM   #8923
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Op-Amps

Have anybody tried OP275?

While modifying, I found two OP's in the spares box and run it like that until the LM4562's arrived. I prefer the sound of the OP275, even after trying to play in the LM's for about 6 days.

I'm planning a discrete stage thus don't want to spend to much time on the op-amps. Any thoughts on this?

André
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 03:10 AM   #8924
navin is offline navin  India
diyAudio Member
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mumbai (Bombay), India
Send a message via MSN to navin Send a message via Yahoo to navin
Default Re: Op-Amps

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre Visser
Have anybody tried OP275?.. I prefer the sound of the OP275, even after trying to play in the LM's for about 6 days.
I dont know if this is related (becuase the experiment was not conducted on a CD player) but many moons ago (ok say about 1993-5) I was building a preamp and tested many opamps. Of the lot I prefered the sound of the OP275 over almost all other opamps I tried. Dont ask me why. I did not measure the output on a scope just used my ears.
__________________
...still looking for the holy grail.
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 05:02 AM   #8925
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Re: Op-Amps

Quote:
Originally posted by navin


I dont know if this is related (becuase the experiment was not conducted on a CD player) but many moons ago (ok say about 1993-5) I was building a preamp and tested many opamps. Of the lot I prefered the sound of the OP275 over almost all other opamps I tried. Dont ask me why. I did not measure the output on a scope just used my ears.
Thanks Navin

At the end of the day the ears is all that matter.

André
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 05:48 AM   #8926
diyAudio Member
 
Malefoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to Malefoda
Default Re: Re: AD8066

Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn2



Yes (well 2xAD8065 on Brown Dog adaptors).

It's a very good op-amp. One of the best.
Very sweet, very musical, deep tight bass, lacks a little warmth.
Better than anything Burr-Brown ever made in my opinion....
...but I have always been a fan of the AD chips over the others.
Maximum recommended is +12V/-12V (but sounds great at this limit). More like AD826 than AD825.

Glenn

Hi Glenn, can you compare sound to AD8599, wich was too much "happy" for me, and the LM4562, wich is more easy but maybe not enough happy?

Thnaks Matthieu
__________________
QED T260, Thorens TD-318, Marantz CD-43, TK2050, JBL 4313B & MJK's OB: music!
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 08:53 AM   #8927
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
SimontY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sheffield, North England
Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Default Re: Op-Amps

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre Visser
Have anybody tried OP275?

While modifying, I found two OP's in the spares box and run it like that until the LM4562's arrived. I prefer the sound of the OP275, even after trying to play in the LM's for about 6 days.

I'm planning a discrete stage thus don't want to spend to much time on the op-amps. Any thoughts on this?

André
If that's the one I think it is I didn't like it much. I heard overblown bass and low resolution and detail.

LM4562 is also less than perfect, but much more accurate-sounding. Just a bit heartless.
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 09:04 AM   #8928
diyAudio Member
 
Fidelity Audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Doncaster England
The LM4562 does require good caps and regulation to shine. It becomes very brittle on cheapo regulators

Brent
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 04:47 PM   #8929
Thomo is offline Thomo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Thomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
I really like the AD827. Really musical with good "texture". LM4562 is fabulous for an opamp, the detail level swung it for me.

Would the discrete output prefer an active pre-amp? Mine sounds great with a 50k pot as pre, but I'm wondering if it might be happier driving an active stage.

Cheers,

Lee.
__________________
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 05:23 PM   #8930
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Op amps

Thanks for the comments, Brent I believe your explanation is quite accurate, at this stage I've only installed 4 x 7X15 regs with LESR caps. Brittle is a good description of what I've heard.

André
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:35 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2