Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I've fixed it at last! It was another (invisibly) detached pad at c505.

For future reference, the symptoms were:

- Radial error
- Disc spins one way, then the other on power up
- In P03, disc speed oscillates erratically forwards and backwards

Anyway, all fixed now and sounding good. What a palaver. Thanks for the moral support. I'm going to leave the screws in until those Tentlabs XOs arrive.

Hi chaps finally getting round to building a Kwak clock 7 (attached circuit) for my 67OSE however I wanted to double check orientation of Q1 (mid left of diagram) with you guys, I assume the Source is terminated to L1 and Drain to R1????

Tom

Attachments

• KWAK-CLOCK-7.gif
    KWAK-CLOCK-7.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 191
  • J309.jpg
    J309.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Thanks as per circuit then, I wasn't sure going by the names thinking source should connected to teh source rather than being the source.

(had all the parts since last May only started building it last night)

One more question gnd on the circuit is that chassis gnd or is there an 0V/gnd on the player board to connect to?

Appreciated

Tom

The 5v reg is the 7805 near the middle of the board with the heat sink on it. The pin order is In, Ground, Out. The supply smoother is the big cap right next to it, connected to the In and Ground traces. The ground wire would go directly to the pin of the cap connected to the ground. That's also the pin marked with the stripe running down the side of the cap.

Hi
Would like to use 63KI as transport
Mod done so far are: tent clock 16.934Mhz, Alwsr 5V regulator and some caps changed for PS
Is the servo section important ? Thinking of replacing the 8.4 Mhz clock.
The power supply 5V is regulated by 7805, original
Please recommend parts to mod to make a good transport
Sorry if these have been discussed. Quite impossible to read the longest thread
Thanks

Lol thanks Ben ;)

If you dont already have the service manual, go to post 1 by Ray and follow the link to his homepage. You can get the manual there.

Basically the driver ic's run from the unregulated side of the +5v regulator and the equivalent for neg rails ( there is no neg reg). Replacing the main smoothing caps with v large 22,000uf low esr caps hear make a massive difference. Also you can use the unregulated rail to supply regulators connected at each driver ic pin. With respect to the transformer, that would be when you build a dedicated psu for the driver ic's running at +/-12v regulated and supply them from the new psu. I'll see if I can find the relevant posts later ;)