Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I can certainly do that!!!!

I replaced a Trichord clock 4 with a C2 and was astounded at the difference, I replaced audiocom reg 2's with SPowers and will now only use this type of regulator. I've heard the difference between a cheap cap and an Audio Upgrades SI and now I use SI's for all smoothing! Component wise, if you want to push to the limits, there is no question you need these sort of parts.

It was only a matter of time before you put all these components into something of your own. I've heard the headphones amp and it's exceptional value. You've told me what changes were made during the dac development and I expect that to punch way above it's price too!

What can I say, it definitely works for me ;) :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
We just want everyone to get the best from their 63. And i know there are people here who have tried our products and can hopefully vouch for them ;-)

Brent

I am using several Spowers in my CDP and they surelly outperform anything else I have tryed before.

I even use those in my preamp with outstanding results.

I also am using two Fidelity Audio clocks in the CDP (one for the dac and the other for the servo) and these are superb.

Ricardo

I am using several Spowers in my CDP and they surelly outperform anything else I have tryed before.

I even use those in my preamp with outstanding results.

Yep! I've also got them running my MC phono stage along with SI's. Its taken me 3 or so years to build up the collection of premium parts. I started off with a £1200 budget to buy a CD player. As soon as I heard it (Musical Fidelity A5.5), I knew I could beat it easily with a much cheaper modified player. The A5.5 used the same transport as the CD63 of 15 years (ish) earlier!!!!

I've used up my budget (and probably some more - addictive it is!!) but I've ended up with several DAC's and players that are more like £3k plus in sonic performance and I'm hoping that this new go at the 63 will punch higher than that.

So far as the 63 goes, its true you can make incredible performance gains with passive mods and caps etc, but one thing is for sure, when you start adding premium regulation and PSU's along with premuim clocking, the DOS etc you will end up with a giant killer. If you want very high end on a budget, this is the way to do it!! ;);)