Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 850 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2007, 09:01 AM   #8491
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Re: Re: Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Quote:
Originally posted by RCruz

Can anyone comment on this ?

I would like to try this modd but not sure of the possible outcome.

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo

If you use good op-amps you can leave R619, 620 (10 Ohm), remove all the other stuff, and run straight to the output connectors.

André
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 01:45 PM   #8492
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre Visser
If you use good op-amps you can leave R619, 620 (10 Ohm), remove all the other stuff, and run straight to the output connectors.
Hi André

Thank you for your reply.

As I damaged some lines in the PCB when removing the output caps, this is very good news because I will bypass everything from the 10ohm resistors on to the outputs.

These 10 ohm resistors serve what purpose ?

Can I upgrade them ?

Note:
I believe I have good opamps (LM4562NA) ?!

Best Regards

Ricardo
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 02:09 PM   #8493
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
SimontY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sheffield, North England
Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Quote:
Originally posted by RCruz

These 10 ohm resistors serve what purpose ?

Can I upgrade them ?

Note:
I believe I have good opamps (LM4562NA) ?!
Hi Ricardo,

They make sure the next stage cannot easily demand too much from the op-amps and cause instability. In reality there isn't likely to be any such problem.

If you keep them, yes you can use nice ones for a very subtle improvement. Nice resistor makes include Vishay, Kiwame, Shinkoh, Allen Bradley and Holco. I like Kiwame a lot, but haven't tried many types!

Simon
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 02:17 PM   #8494
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Quote:
Originally posted by SimontY
They make sure the next stage cannot easily demand too much from the op-amps and cause instability. In reality there isn't likely to be any such problem.

If you keep them, yes you can use nice ones for a very subtle improvement. Nice resistor makes include Vishay, Kiwame, Shinkoh, Allen Bradley and Holco. I like Kiwame a lot, but haven't tried many types!
Thank you Simon

It is settled then.. I will replace them by Kiwame... Can you suggest where to get them ?

Another important issue:
The stock TX seems to have only two fuses just before the +-5V digital psu.

I have a new tx for the opamps and am trying to figure out the way to fix it and how to link it to the PSU.... Should I place a fuse in the mains ?

Best regards

Ricardo
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 02:21 PM   #8495
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
SimontY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sheffield, North England
Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Quote:
Originally posted by RCruz

Thank you Simon

It is settled then.. I will replace them by Kiwame... Can you suggest where to get them ?

Another important issue:
The stock TX seems to have only two fuses just before the +-5V digital psu.

I have a new tx for the opamps and am trying to figure out the way to fix it and how to link it to the PSU.... Should I place a fuse in the mains ?

Best regards

Ricardo
I used http://www.hificollective.co.uk/comp...resistors.html to get mine, but I know they're available in other countries too.

I don't use any fuses personally, but it would be wise to, certainly at least for testing. Perhaps someone more experienced can comment on the rating.

Simon
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 02:52 PM   #8496
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Thank you again.

I will install a 1A fuse just for testing.

I will bypass everything but the 10ohm hope this does not raise the output volume as the CD actually plays louder than the radio that I use for benchmark on my Meridian 101.

Ricardo
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 03:02 PM   #8497
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
SimontY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sheffield, North England
Send a message via MSN to SimontY
I think it will change it VERY little!
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 03:21 PM   #8498
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Quote:
Originally posted by SimontY
I don't use any fuses personally, but it would be wise to, certainly at least for testing. Perhaps someone more experienced can comment on the rating.
Another question.... What type of wire should I use to link the TX and the upgraded PSU to the PCB ?

I am considering building a small pcb with two 10.000uF nichicon KG bypassed with some polystyrenes and tantals after the diodes.
This pcb may have the regs and output caps also because I believe the best way to unlink the stock PSU is to remove the +-12v regs.

Ricardo
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 03:29 PM   #8499
Thomo is offline Thomo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Thomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
I wouldn't bypass the Nichicons with anything personally. I may do it with lesser cheapo caps but the kg's are very nice indeed, i think marantz put them in the pm17ki.

Lee.
__________________
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 03:49 PM   #8500
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member
 
RCruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wallis
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Thomo
I wouldn't bypass the Nichicons with anything personally. I may do it with lesser cheapo caps but the kg's are very nice indeed, i think marantz put them in the pm17ki.
Hi Lee

As I bypassed every cap in the digital area and the results are very good, I was thinking to do the same.

What about using these Nichicons in paralel with some 3300uF Pana FC just to increase the speed ?

Can you comment on the wires please ? I really need some help here.

Regards

Ricardo
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:57 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2