Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Them Tentlab regs look pretty nice.

On another note I have spent 2 hours listening to my latest mod.......

:D It's amazing :D

Not only does it look good but there is a deeper punchier bass, mid range is smooth yet open and the treble is very precise.

It is definatly worth seperating the power rails :)

The reg pcb houses two circuits

1) 5V rail with 5V Audiocom Invisus with coils and 3 Blackgate 16V 100uF caps powering the DAC and Decoder

2) 12V rail with 12V superreg with coils and 2 Blackgate FK 16V 100uF caps powering Audiocom superclock II.

Both circuits are fed +20V from HexFED diodes.

I will post some pics tomorrow ;)

Ok, I took the pcb out again and messed around with it looking for open circuits or bird poo solder, and couldn't find anything very bad or definitely broken. I did notice some of my blue tack in the transport had shifted a little so I made sure everything could move freely, but I don't think that was a problem anyway.

I decided as I'm now very tired I'd just connect it all back up and pray for a miracle....

....miracle happened - no noises, just got to work reading the disc and playing it!

So the problem fixed itself, and that's just not fair! I want to know what happened!! :whazzat:

But it seems to be working!! :D

SimontY said:
Ok, I took the pcb out again and messed around with it looking for open circuits or bird poo solder, and couldn't find anything very bad or definitely broken. I did notice some of my blue tack in the transport had shifted a little so I made sure everything could move freely, but I don't think that was a problem anyway.

I decided as I'm now very tired I'd just connect it all back up and pray for a miracle....

....miracle happened - no noises, just got to work reading the disc and playing it!

So the problem fixed itself, and that's just not fair! I want to know what happened!! :whazzat:

But it seems to be working!! :D

Hi Simon,

Good news! But what was the problem.....hmmmmm.......
Maybe one of the driver IC's has a bad pin, you could try and resolder them (Q105/106/QN01).

Ray.