Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

DOS CFP anyone?

Mine is almost done, just the last bits and then I have to find some time to fit it in my player.

Gosh, a thirteen-month old sure consumes a lot of it :D. Time, that is...

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_5933.jpg
    IMG_5933.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 118
Got a nasty squeal buzz sort off noise from my amp only lasts a few mins then it clears any ideas ?
im thinking caps in the psu 2 x22,ooouf and 2x 16,ooo uf
alan

If you've bypassed the muting transistors after the output caps, then you'll get this as the new bigger caps hold the rails up for much longer after you switch off.

You can fit a relay to switch the output lines to gnd as soon as you remove the power. Brent has a board that you can use if you dont feel confident enough to build one from scratch. Alternatively, turn the amp off 1st!

I played around with front panels too. Ended up with this! I may actually finish it at some point too!!!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You must be a good cdp frier for that ;)
I do! And find the way is in full black.

Attachments

• MatBlack.jpg
    MatBlack.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 108
  • CD43FullBlack.jpg
    CD43FullBlack.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 114
This may be another of my dumb questions, but has anyone considered fitting a rom drive to a cd63. I believe Meridian had some success with a rom drive cd player and i'm sure there are others. They play virtually anything you throw at them and are cheap and easy to replace if the laser fails. But sound-wise? Please forgive me if the subject has been covered earlier.

Got a nasty squeal buzz sort off noise from my amp only lasts a few mins then it clears any ideas ?
im thinking caps in the psu 2 x22,ooouf and 2x 16,ooo uf
alan

Oops, sounds like some kind of oscillation. If it's easy to do you could place a series resistor in the supplies just for the sake of testing. If the squealing goes away then the amp doesn't like the supply with those caps.