Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2006
Paid Member
back to the caps, I personally would use ZA or ZLG on all the analogue in the 63 and SEPC od Nichicopy solid polymer (LE or LF) on all the digital rails.

The only time I would deviate from this was if I was using black gates on analogue rails.

IMO ZA and ZLG are a bit forward so I would use some Nichicon FG in the analog psu just to give the sound some weight.

errr no! lol Been a little busy and tbh, the system is just thrown together at the mo. I'm not even using the CD960 (but then again its no better then a CD40 apparently). I'm using my modded Meridian 207 which is OK but much worse than a CD40.

I got the clipsal on but no IEC yet. I need to purchased some earth cable for it too.

I was thinking about one of these copper IeGo's for the IEC.

Also, I'll be running a 6mm radial circuit for the mains supply and I've found and earth rod conveniently placed about 2m away from where the socket will be (outside of course). Not sure how best to ustilise the clean earth????

Hard to get a word in here edgewise what with all these fashion statements being flouted about. The plan? (somebody asked before I could reply) is to go where no 67' has gone before. Nothing more and nothing less. The good news is that it has arrived right smartly in Blighty (which I believe is a Vulcan base of sorts) and is even as we speak, being lovingly mishandled by Brent. As to the details, only Rowemeister knows for sure. Perhaps he will tell y'all.