Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

rowemeister said:
Hi dont want to go off topic but I bought some 22000uF Silmics which are very rare for my KI amp.

They have arrived and i'm starting to think they won't fit. LOL

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looks like someone collects freebies !!!!

You just need a 'POWER BULGE' as was fitted to '70s modded cars !

6h5c said:

I wanted the input stage to be as balanced as possible, so for the input stage I matched the resistors and the BC550's Hfe with my transistor tester, but I don't have a tool for FET's. And besides, I only have the four that originally came out of the HDAM :D.

It cancels the noise that's common in both DAC outputs, so a good balance doesn't hurt.

Ray.

The 2sk389's are matched pair (one die)

was going to use them in a RIAA circiut

I also have some MAT02's /3's (sample's hint)

BC550's are good low noise tranny's and cheap too:D

There is a simple circuit for matching fet's on this site
i'll see if i can find it

allan

6h5c said:

Hi Phil,

Emitter resistors bring thermal stability. As temperature rises, Ube will be lower, so Ic will rise. The drop across Re increases because of the higher Ic, so that will compensate for the lower Ube.
They also provide local feedback, so they can be used to set the amplification of the stage.
I found a good site here.

For simulations I use Micro-Cap 7.0. I do not navigate blindly on it, but it is a very handy tool.

Regards,

ray.

Cor ! your posted site takes me back many years !

My first computer project at Uni was to write a program, in Algol, to calculate the values around this circuit. A large stack of punched cards about 20cm tall !

Andy

awpagan said:
The 2sk389's are matched pair (one die)

was going to use them in a RIAA circiut

I also have some MAT02's /3's (sample's hint)

BC550's are good low noise tranny's and cheap too:D

There is a simple circuit for matching fet's on this site
i'll see if i can find it

allan

Ah, just like the ones used in the CD63's HDAM, 2SK332. Nice!

Ray.

poynton said:
Cor ! your posted site takes me back many years !

My first computer project at Uni was to write a program, in Algol, to calculate the values around this circuit. A large stack of punched cards about 20cm tall !

Andy

Nostalgia.....:D

awpagan said:
Or rays tube state for his 150v transformer:D

allan
ps ray did you get the cover on??:D

Yep, the cover fits. No need for a bulge here :)

Ray.

Hi Allan,

Cool links, thanks! I haven't been into solid state lately (gross understatement...) so these are very helpful.

I spent four hours listening last night, to determine the difference between two players (opamps vs. passive + transistor stage) and the winner is absolutely the transistor stage. The soundstage is more accurate, with better to pinpoint instruments. I thought I had lost some air or space, but it's there when it is supposed to be. With the opamps there seems to be more space all the time, and that sounds very cool at first. But it seems to lead to somekind of smearing in the soundstage, which makes everything less easy to pinpoint (am I still making sense???).

Regards,

Ray.

Attachments

• matching.gif
    matching.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 380