Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 703 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 03:07 PM   #7021
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Hi All,

I am looking for a superclock 3 but they are no longer on ebay

WHere is the best place to pick one up?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 03:09 PM   #7022
Thomo is offline Thomo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Thomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe-HT
Corrections! it's $37 clock only and $140 with reg shipped from Hong Kong. It's diyhifisupply.com and the site is up!

I'm reading like crazy and getting crosseyed!

ALW, is there a newer version of the 317at circuit you have on accoustica.com cd63 tweaks pages? Since I have the 317s, I'd like to use them in the most noise-free way possible.

hi. You may find this interesting:

pagehttp://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...72#post1222372

Regards, Lee.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 03:24 PM   #7023
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Netherlands
I'm stil wondering what a low noise regulator would do. My AC on DC signal from the opamp power lines went from about 100mV to about 0,8160 - 0,9150 mV with standard 78CT15 and 79CT15, removed mute & headphone and all BG power supply with standard transformer when playing.

Sounds like verry low noise, I've even measured with 0,005% accuracy 2 days after calibration. Gotta love those Keithley 2000's. They really come in handy when your busy with small signals.

I't nice for pairing resistors too, but that's only about 0,002% acurate on 6,5 digits
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 03:30 PM   #7024
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member
 
6h5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Heerhugowaard
Quote:
Originally posted by alcoholic
Also, any updates on Ray's partlist would be great.
Hi,

You can use the new CD63KI list, it's not final yet because i'm still working on that player, but it contains a lot of updated part numbers.

Quote:
Originally posted by jimh0612
thanks Ray for the info from your site -I don't know how I could have done most of my mods without your info!
Thanks, your welcome! I'm hoping to update the site soon, with more text and in-depth explanation of the modifications, if I can find the time...

Regards,

Ray
__________________
Gonna buy my little girl a pink soldering-iron
The new DOS-CFP board is out!
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 03:42 PM   #7025
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Or in fact reading through a few pages of this there may be better alternatives?

Now as I am quite pushed for free time at the moment and want to enjoy my CD-63 without risking breaking it, I am thinking about paying for a level 3 upgrade from Sercal. Is it worth the money? They do not have any C1 clocks available so have suggested I supply my own. Which is the best clock for this upgrade, and should I be paying out for it, or is it a waste of money for the components he fits?



ThanksThis is his page
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 03:45 PM   #7026
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Netherlands
Ah, I might wait a while then. One thing I saw where the original filter components. Are you going to add new filter components for removing the bump in higher frequencies? I think C605/606 would be 560pF.

One thing I was wondering about, why use ZL as wel as ZLH instead of all ZLH? The price difference is verry small.

My new component list will set me back 200 euro. Oh whell, it's not much when compared to my last stereo upgrades
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 03:54 PM   #7027
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by sambessey
Which is the best clock for this upgrade, and should I be paying out for it, or is it a waste of money for the components he fits?
[/URL]
I'really don't know. Depends on the components he uses. But I think you'll pay most for the houres he makes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 04:02 PM   #7028
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member
 
6h5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Heerhugowaard
Quote:
Originally posted by alcoholic
Ah, I might wait a while then. One thing I saw where the original filter components. Are you going to add new filter components for removing the bump in higher frequencies? I think C605/606 would be 560pF.

One thing I was wondering about, why use ZL as wel as ZLH instead of all ZLH? The price difference is verry small.

My new component list will set me back 200 euro. Oh whell, it's not much when compared to my last stereo upgrades
No, for the moment i'm going to stick to the original filter characteristic first, and see how it sounds. Feel free to use the ZLHs instead of ZL, I probably had those in stock and that's how they ended up on the list.

Regards,

Ray
__________________
Gonna buy my little girl a pink soldering-iron
The new DOS-CFP board is out!
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 06:36 PM   #7029
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
poynton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
Quote:
Originally posted by sambessey
Or in fact reading through a few pages of this there may be better alternatives?

Now as I am quite pushed for free time at the moment and want to enjoy my CD-63 without risking breaking it, I am thinking about paying for a level 3 upgrade from Sercal. Is it worth the money? They do not have any C1 clocks available so have suggested I supply my own. Which is the best clock for this upgrade, and should I be paying out for it, or is it a waste of money for the components he fits?



ThanksThis is his page

Don't know !!

Probably some disreputable chap from Doncaster, eh! Rowe ??

Sercal is our very own Brent aka rowemeister




Andy
__________________
If it ain't broke, break it !! Then fix it again. It's called DIY !
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 09:30 PM   #7030
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveleys, Lancashire
Default Kwak clock driving 74xx or comparator

SimontY, Poynton, Brent

Hi guys

Don't know if my main question got lost in my waffle but while we're talking clocks, Poynton mentioned a Kwak clock oscillator driving a 74xx chip instead of a comparator.

Would this be better than the standard Kwak clock, and if so how would I do it?

Finer points are a bit over my head I'm afraid

Thanks in advance

Jim
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:17 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2