Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Thanks ;)

The leds are actually a blue green colour and when the tray is open the subtle light behind matches the display colour. RS 228-1863

If you look at the side of the mech you can see some black tape nest to the Spower. The led is behind that + one on the other side. The centre of the leds sits just under a cd when loaded so that it washes the light over the laser.

Yes it does look similar :D

Brent

Last edited:
It's somewhere between United Kingdom and France...
I think there is no reason I can fry the new SAA7345GP, the problem wich "may" have fried mine is solved, it "should" work as soon as soldered!
If not... but no reason, the player is reading discs just no sound, not touched the DAC but just cut the PS trace on the Decoder Analog an get no sound... my only concern is that HF amp or DAC (well parts before and after the Decoder) were also damaged...

Wait and see!

Matthieu

I hope it will work for you, otherwise it may be best to redo the mods with a new player, start fresh so to speak. I had to do that once, after a really stubborn disc-reading problem. Swapping the laser and mech PCB, re-soldering suff, nothing worked. During disassembly of the player, I easily pulled the wire out of one side of the 1nF polystyrene axial cap in the HF circuit, bad connection :(

Ray