Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Those ty-raps are DOS-unworthy however :D

How you dare Ray! :D
Of course it's in this shape for test purpose, the final set-up will be clean and fixed ;)

After some more music there is definitively a big improvement from 3x 7805 to 7x LM317, don't know where but this is huge. Maybe the clock deserved the clean V ref?

Bull, maybe it's not related to the 5V regs, I experienced twice (once on my first CD-53 and once on a friend's one) the issue about faulty contact for closed drawer switch; it's moving or just broke then the drwaer want to close for ever and the gear jump a theet in a tic-tic-tic noise. Check continuity at connector JM02 between TRSW (TraySwitch) and Ground. If none at closed-state here is the prob. Or close the tray by hand and short TRWS and the next pin.

If it's not that maybe you can enter the diag mode and have a look to error codes.

Good luck!
Matthieu

Last edited:
I just joined "LM4562NA" club......:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 157
Bull, voltages are OK at U162 and U161 (from each to ground)?

Today I've had some nice listenings, and even once my stuff talked!
Hier spricht die Stimme der Energie
Ich bin ein riesiger elektrischer Generator
Ich liefere Ihnen Licht und Kraft
Und ermoegliche es Ihnen Sprache, Musik und Bild
Durch den Äether auszusenden und zu empfangen
Ich bin Ihr Diener und Ihr Herr zugleich
Deshalb huetet mich gut
Mich, den Genius der Energie

I first thought it could be a broken driver-IC, but now I see the spindle and focus are handled by two different drivers...

I'd advise to start checking the +/-10V driver supply voltages first. Are the fuses still o.k.?
Then check if all the IC's are getting 5V, maybe there's a bad connection at your new regs somewhere.

Regards,

Ray

Last edited:
Bull, did you get any further with your cd63?

I also, just thought I'd post an update pic of my cd63 as it is at the moment.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Driver IC's are all regged with SPower's, dac, decoder, servo and rf all have diy regs for analog and digital supplies. I just have one more reg for the dac to fit and then I can start adding the tx's and psu's. It's really sounding incredible considering driver ic's and all 5v is running off one 30va tx (buzzes like a fridge mind you:D)

Cheers, Lee.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Bull, did you get any further with your cd63?

I also, just thought I'd post an update pic of my cd63 as it is at the moment.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Driver IC's are all regged with SPower's, dac, decoder, servo and rf all have diy regs for analog and digital supplies. I just have one more reg for the dac to fit and then I can start adding the tx's and psu's. It's really sounding incredible considering driver ic's and all 5v is running off one 30va tx (buzzes like a fridge mind you:D)
Looking very good already !!!

Hi THOMO looking very well hows it sounding, My 63 had HDAM bypassed tin hat opamps power rail and opamp caps replaced and it still sounded crap. Then SIMONT fited me 5 voltage regs on dac and servo and that really made it sound good but it only lasted a few days then paked up wont read discs. I am going to check some voltages in a bit i will report back with my findings