Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

You guys still at it then?!

I've been away - nasty head injury. Bilateral subdural haematoma in fact. I'm getting better now... I think... CUCKOO!

Anyway, Brent, what do you think of the Dacmagic?
I see you've added it to your site!

It confused my delicate head though as you mention adding LM op-amps and new caps, yet the picture you put up has none of this, just some Bursons!

There's a 12VAC (36VA) PSU from Mappo's that people report makes a nice improvment. Only £15 so I might get one tomorrow. I have a store around the corner and the stock-checker says they have one.

http://www.audioplus.org.uk/another-dacmagic-power-supply-trial/

Also, I found it strange that:
a) There are no rail electrolytics anywhere near the op-amps
b) They used non-polar ones on the DAC rails.
Do you know of any proper mod threads for the DM?

Sorry for OT-ness.....

Glenn

You left your lovely avatar Glenn?
Brent is a business man and should put under each picture that it's for show purpose no commercial engagement here (sorry for my poor business english!).
I've seen Lee aslo have a big website now, you guys may sponsor me with free SPower regs and I'll promise to put your names on my signature! No? OK I've tried...

Note : I did not mentioned for my DOS I used the altered filter specs and don't know if you all have done it even in op amps setup...

:D

Attachments

• kraftwerk2.jpg
    kraftwerk2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 181
Glenn2 said:

Oh yeah so impolite from me, hope you get fine soon!
BTW, I have a LP of Kraftwerke, "Radioactivity" 1975, the only thing that can be said it's that many artists of now... sounds like them! If you like them you MUST have an ear at Ellen Alien's Berlinette. Just prefect! And I've stressed my DOS with it yesterday, voltage felt (hear and you see what I mean) raised from 12V to 500.000...

:D :D IT LIVES!! :D :D

Thanks mainly to Lee and Simon

Lee you told me it would be something other than the caps and simple, it was! Simon you said get a mm with continuity test.

after much messing with ribbons etc i gave up and looked elsewhere. after removing resistors i re-positioned some caps:smash: 1 broken track

I was playing around with the mm checking for open circuits found 1 from pin 16 re soldered checked and away we go again:cool:

! 63 back from the :dead:

Ian

Marantz CD-63 / CD-67 --> compatibility?

Hello Ray,
please excuse my bad English...
You have modified different marantz players.
I also tuned my CD-67 PCB and clock - the improvements in sound are really great. But meanwhile the case looks bad and it has the wrong colour. Now I think about buying an old or defective CD-53/63 (cheaper than CD-67 at ebay).
Can you tell me if I can place my good CD-67 PCB in a CD-63?

Regards,
Georg

Marantz CD-63 / CD-67 --> compatibility?

Hello Ray,
I also tuned my CD-67 PCB and clock - the improvements in sound are really great. But meanwhile the case looks bad and it has the wrong colour. Now I think about buying an old or defective CD-53/63 (cheaper than CD-67 at ebay).

Regards,
Georg

Re: Marantz CD-63 / CD-67 --> compatibility?

hagechba said:
Hello Ray,

Regards,
Georg

I'm not Ray, but the answer is yes.

I have a CD63 and a CD67SE that have the internals swapped over. You can leave the front panel PCBs where they are - they are the same. You MUST swap the transport, or at least the PCB on the bottom of it. They use the same cable but the boards are not the same.

The player that I use looks like a CD-67SE but has a CD-63 inside it.

Glenn