Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

RCruz said:

Hi Brent

Is this clock much better than the C1 I am using in the CD53 ?:D

Ricardo

Yes it's better, much better than I though it would be!
On Monday I I will be fitting it to a cd17ki to see what it does there.

Over the next week or so Lee and Simon will be hearing a cd player with it fitted at my work and hopefully they will let you know what they think.

Brent

ccschua said:
can anyone give a pinout for the dem circuit.

Sorry, a little off topic!

Hi ccschua,

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1786241#post1786241

Its EC's implimentation i'm using on my CDP.
I'm also building the same DAC you've got on this page. I've cut a few tracks to distribute the clock directly to the different area's including the DEM. You already have the divider chip so you just need a couple of R's and a std 74hcxx gate to perform the invertion. A worthwhile mod for sure!

Ian

rowemeister said:

Over the next week or so Lee and Simon will be hearing a cd player with it fitted at my work and hopefully they will let you know what they think.

I'm due up again at some point next week ;) :rolleyes:

:bawling:

It had to happen I BROKE IT!!

I removed R114 U196 U204 and U201 i then removed CF02 C132 C156

I then fitted x7 across pins 2 &27 on dac plugged it in and sounded like a phone playing music with high pitch squeal

I checked for solder splash broken dac pins etc I removed the cap checked no change i put back all above it's dead :dead:

Have i killed the dac some how? overheated or something?

Any advice.................

Did you put the links & the R back?

What was the purpose of removal?

R114 is connected to the DOBM pin 31 of the decoder chip and so far as I can see, the links supply the servo area! Was it to do with optical out isolation?

EDIT

Right I see, U201 5v supply to the TOS link

R114, U196 & U 204 take DOBM up to the spdif and TOS.

They should all be ok removed.

My guess is that the DAC's unhappy, Have you removed that X7r now? You could try running the iron with braid across the pins to remove any excess solder and try again?

Ian

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi

After pushing the TT to it´s limit´s, I needed to do something to the CDP so I could level the sound quality.

I did bypass the 4.7u mundorf MKP in the DOS with some russian FT-3 100nF Teflon..... it is still burning but the benefits are already noticeable..... Maybe I need really good quality caps in the output so I can benefit from all the mods done.

Ricardo

Wanna see my caps to be fitted soon?
Monster 10µF and best sounding caps for the pricse, still have some 22n and 1n FT-1 Teflon caps to bypass after tries.

I'll get 4 so 2 will be left guys ;)
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390051307506
7121_1.JPG

As for my CDP, no smoke until now, already sound better only with better lytics, schottky and such feeding LMExxx20HA. Far more to come, I'll do a single post for it as a full and easy to follow project.

See you soon!
Matthieu