Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

probs gone!

My cd53 lives again, and problems with focus/tracking are gone!

the reason: driver opamps, at some point they went to valhalla (maybe after playing with fitting servo regs).

so for all with similar problems, either oscillating focus/tracking coil & skipping or sled/spindle goes crazy, check those TCA guys! yesterday I replaced them with the ones ordered at segor and fed them with nice regulated +-7V and everything is nice, no oscillations / skips whatsoever.

btw, at some point the filtering Rs were also gone, replaced with some small chokes lying around...

so, next in the pipeline is muting cirtuit and some better psu for the DOS- right now is only LM317/337 but I'll either mount separate x-former or do some CLC filtering or both before the regs :)

greetings,
Pawel

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: probs gone!

pzogal said:
My cd53 lives again, and problems with focus/tracking are gone!

the reason: driver opamps, at some point they went to valhalla (maybe after playing with fitting servo regs).

so, next in the pipeline is muting cirtuit and some better psu for the DOS- right now is only LM317/337 but I'll either mount separate x-former or do some CLC filtering or both before the regs :)

Hi Pawel
I am glad you sorted that out.

I had the same issue some time ago :cannotbe:

Regarding the DOS you should try the Spower after good caps.
I assure you the difference for the 317 337 is VERY noticeable.

Ricardo

probs again :)

I connected clock psu before servo regs and the clock itself with rg174 coax + got rid of opamps and connected DOS.

result: not working, disc spinning very fast, well the reason quite clear, clock PSU is tapped AFTER chokes and I assume voltage drops there so that the clock 9v pre-reg doesnt have enough headroom. connected clock on the 23v (or whatever, before 12v regs) - doesnt spin like crazy, but doesnt recognize the disc.
anyway, today I'll try to revert to sunday and see how's going, for the listening I have the old sony, hehehe... and btw, tda1541a is completely different sound!!

for the regs, I am gonna try separate tx and some other regs as well, how about CRC or CLC before LM317/337 or maybe some gyrator/cap multiplier circuit, or discrete parallel reg, anyone has experience with that ?

Greetings,
Pawel

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Brent

I have been reading about pedro´s buffer and can not see any cap in the signal line.

In your version, there is a 1u mundorf... is it in the signal line ?

What type of pot are you using ?

Ricardo

PS:
Could not see the movies.... my windows reader is not up to date.