Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Thanks Brent

I think the mundorfs would be a lttle too far at this stage, so panas going in.

For round 2 i will attempt seperation of supplies plus some caps and likley finish with clock, reg and HDAM bypass.

My room is small and the systems not that great. Nad 114 and 214 hooked to kef55s.

Once the above has been done i will ***** and maybe go for a modded rega arm;)

UV101 said:
Hi Ricardo,

Follow the link further back on the page. There are some Chineese HDAM/Discrete OPAmps. They look fairly similar to Burson (not sure about design) Just wondered if anyone had heard them to compare to Burson.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1782270#post1782270

Ian

They are not the same. Check the circuit diagram of Bursons and the circuit diagram of this one.

http://www.audio-gd.com/enweb/pro/diy/OPA.htm

OPA Earth = HDAM (most neutral, OPA Earth has some improvement over HDAM, check the head-fi thread)
OPA Sun V2 = more dynamics, vocal more forward.

rowemeister said:
Some splitting of hairs here!!

Also you forget the Bursons are V2 now with improved circuit layout and design and of course sound much better than before. :D

Brent

Stueyh, any link?

Brent, funny how the sayings are the same between floks ,) here we split the hair in quaters... anyway, according to your scale with LM4562 at 60%, HA@70, then discrete aop's difference are all about the 95 +/- 1% ? Then yes this is cut the hair... ;)
Is a BMW faster in black or red? ;) ( Brent, a Rotary engine is faster than BMW's trucks... )

Matthieu

:D HOW HAPPY AM I:D

Just performed my 1st open heart surgery on the player!!

1 broken track and encouragement from Ian UV101 got a pair of opmaps in and working;)

The room acoustics have changed (due to decorating) player sitting on a chair with different interconnects but......

I'm hearing much improved transparency more detail tighter bass and high extension.

Gonna let it burn enjoy the tunes and have another crack tomorrow :D

Thanks to this forum and special thanks to Ian, Brent and Simon the ball is rolling :D :D :D