Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 598 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2007, 06:27 PM   #5971
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lekkerkerk
Send a message via MSN to Paulus1981
Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn2
If your CD63 is just skipping, mistracking, etc, you can get a new laser for about 30. They're easy enough to fit as well and you get new motors as well as laser.
Will pick it up tomorrow (80 euro isn't bad isn't it?), changing the TX will be my second weapon fact considering electronics


If I remain very quiet tomorrow you know something has gone wrong
__________________
hypex UcD400 HG - Accuton C23 & 92 - Dayton RSS or Peerless SLS in dipole
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 07:21 PM   #5972
Glenn2 is offline Glenn2  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Glenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Paulus1981


Will pick it up tomorrow (80 euro isn't bad isn't it?), changing the TX will be my second weapon fact considering electronics


If I remain very quiet tomorrow you know something has gone wrong
If you end up paying 80 plus 30 for a laser so 110 for an almost-good-as-new CD-63KI that's not bad at all mate. You could sell it on for more than that.

You could use it as a reference (and to keep you in tunes) whilst you are modding the '67 even

Anyway - off the pub!
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 08:06 PM   #5973
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bath, UK
Default ...lobs hand grenade...

OK so I've been working really hard at implementing LME49710s, the single opamp version of the LM4562, for a while now.

I don't like it. There's something subtly odd&unnatural about its presentation of music... as opposed to it's presentation of mere detail - which is first rate but totally boring. Can;t quite artuclate it, but its go to do with LF ambience which comes and goes depending on signal level, leading to a totally sterile presentation. Ho hum, not for me then, oh no...
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 08:27 PM   #5974
Thomo is offline Thomo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Thomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Default KI not reading disks (yet again)

Hey guys.

I posted on here a while ago about my ki radial error and i'm still stuck.

I put a disk in, it spins, the laser seems to read, but then nothing - no toc reading or owt.

service mode with a disk gives error 10, without a disk gives error code 02.

HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

PLEASE?

I read voltages at q105 - all ok except pins 7&8 - service manual says 2.5v for both, but I read 0.02v. When disk spins this reading goes up to ~5v but then dips to 0v when it stops spinning. Is this normal?

Lee.
__________________
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 10:20 PM   #5975
aquar is offline aquar  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Borneo
Quote:
Originally posted by rowemeister


Unless you can get hold of a KI TX I would leave the SE one in. Removing power to the muting and HDAM circuits will free up the full VA of the winding to the op amps

Brent

Tks for your answer Brent
rgds

aquar
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2007, 10:28 PM   #5976
diyAudio Member
 
Fidelity Audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Doncaster England
Default Re: KI not reading disks (yet again)

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomo
Hey guys.

I posted on here a while ago about my ki radial error and i'm still stuck.

I put a disk in, it spins, the laser seems to read, but then nothing - no toc reading or owt.

service mode with a disk gives error 10, without a disk gives error code 02.

HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

PLEASE?

I read voltages at q105 - all ok except pins 7&8 - service manual says 2.5v for both, but I read 0.02v. When disk spins this reading goes up to ~5v but then dips to 0v when it stops spinning. Is this normal?

Lee.
Sounds like a ribbon/connector problem to me.

First of all (with power off) remove ribbon to mech from both connectors. Then re insert. test for reading cds

If that does not work can you try a different mech?

I think its the connectors for the ribbon. You would not believe how often these F up. Try hard wiring, this would improve signal transfer anyway. + you could do the HF coax mod.

Brent
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 12:24 AM   #5977
Thomo is offline Thomo  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Thomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Ok, thanks Brent. I tried changing the ribbon and sockets but like you say they're really unreliable.

I planned to do the coax last to make removing the board for the other mods easier, but I think I'll change that.

One more question though (sorry to be a pest), do you know what parts to change on a superclock II to enable it to be used on the servo?

Regards, Lee.
__________________
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 10:41 AM   #5978
Glenn2 is offline Glenn2  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Glenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Default Re: ...lobs hand grenade...

Quote:
Originally posted by martin clark
OK so I've been working really hard at implementing LME49710s, the single opamp version of the LM4562, for a while now.

I don't like it. There's something subtly odd&unnatural about its presentation of music... as opposed to it's presentation of mere detail - which is first rate but totally boring. Can;t quite artuclate it, but its go to do with LF ambience which comes and goes depending on signal level, leading to a totally sterile presentation. Ho hum, not for me then, oh no...

Hi Martin,

That sums up my feelings on the LM4562 really.

I said on this thread t'other day that I was warming to it but I've changed my mind again (sorry Simon ).

It really depends what you're listening to... but sterile is my overriding impression.

Some favourite CDs didn't sound emotionally involving like they normally would so I popped in some AD825s which are the opposite really. Rough diamonds. Enthusiastic but a bit rough around the edges in comparison. The life and emotion came back to the sound. I found my fingers and toes tapping again.

I think AD chips are good at this aspect of sound. That's the main reason why don't like the BB op-amps. I prefer AD8610 over OPA627 for example.

Glenn
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 11:37 AM   #5979
avr300 is offline avr300  Denmark
diyAudio Member
 
avr300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DK
Default Re: Re: ...lobs hand grenade...

Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn2



Hi Martin,

That sums up my feelings on the LM4562 really.

I said on this thread t'other day that I was warming to it but I've changed my mind again (sorry Simon ).

It really depends what you're listening to... but sterile is my overriding impression.

Some favourite CDs didn't sound emotionally involving like they normally would so I popped in some AD825s which are the opposite really. Rough diamonds. Enthusiastic but a bit rough around the edges in comparison. The life and emotion came back to the sound. I found my fingers and toes tapping again.

I think AD chips are good at this aspect of sound. That's the main reason why don't like the BB op-amps. I prefer AD8610 over OPA627 for example.

Glenn
I have changed back to LT1361 again some 3 week ago. I missed the roughness and emotion. The 4562 still sits in my pre (for now).
  Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2007, 11:42 AM   #5980
Glenn2 is offline Glenn2  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Glenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, UK
Default Re: Re: Re: ...lobs hand grenade...

Quote:
Originally posted by avr300


I have changed back to LT1361 again some 3 week ago. I missed the roughness and emotion. The 4562 still sits in my pre (for now).

Interesting!

I have some samples of LT1361 and LT1364 on order and they should arrive any day now.

I've never heard these parts before.

They interest me because they seem to have a lot in common with the LM6172, which I like. Kind of like a VFB/CFB hybrid.

Glenn
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2