Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

paronaram said:
Hello,

Seems to me that there is no electronic parts stores (catalog) in US who will carry any of this parts that are listed in mod diagrams/ parts list.
I am referring to passive elements. I checked with Digi-Key, MOUSER, and they all came up with close but not exact components with very low tolerance.
Al tho MOUSER offered me something from EU partner company, but price was very high (shipping) and I need to wait 2-3 weeks.

Can anybody here give me an idea what type (brand, material, casing) of resistors and capacitors are used in this moding, maybe I will able to find something locally.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aram.

I have used the following USA suppliers on Ebay :-

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/West-Flori...W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ20668629QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Zen-in-Design_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ComponentLand_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

All useful for a variety of components - mica caps, AB resistors etc

Andy

Joined 2006
Paid Member
SimontY said:

Electrolytic caps that people on this thread have used:
Elna Cerafine, Elna Silmic, Elna For Audio (all quite good), Black Gate Standard (great value), Black Gate FK, Black Gate PK (good for local decoupling of ICs), Panasonic FC (perhaps not one to put near the output stage), Rubycon ZA (ZL seems quite good too), Sanyo Os-con (for digital rails mainly). Those last 3 you'll find in "normal", industrial suppliers, the rest you need "interesting" shops for.
Hi Simon

I am finishing the DOS and will use only one pair of spowers to feed both channels.

I have been looking at your DOS and would like you to explani how you connected the sregs.

Can you please explain the connections of the two caps (RED CAPS) near both sregs in your setup ?

Do you use one cap before and one after each sreg ?

Regards

Ricardo

RCruz said:

Hi Simon

I am finishing the DOS and will use only one pair of spowers to feed both channels.

I have been looking at your DOS and would like you to explani how you connected the sregs.

Can you please explain the connections of the two caps (RED CAPS) near both sregs in your setup ?

Do you use one cap before and one after each sreg ?

Regards

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

You're quite right, I have one red cap (220uF Cerafine) before, and another after each regulator. The output from each reg is connected to two wires which go to left and right.

Simon

Joined 2006
Paid Member
SimontY said:

Hi Ricardo,

You're quite right, I have one red cap (220uF Cerafine) before, and another after each regulator. The output from each reg is connected to two wires which go to left and right.

Thank you Simon

You are using only two sregs right ?

I will use only two sregs to feed both channels but I was planning to keep C6 and C7 in both channels so I would have one cap for +15v and one for -15v in each channel after the sregs.

Should I use your setup instead ?

Can I expect a real benefit from using a small 220uF before the sregs ? (My analog PSU uses 2x10000uF 63v Nichicon Gold Tune and seems to sound right with the opamps without a small cap before the sregs)

Am I overreacting ?

Ricardo

Attachments

• cd_outputstage_pcb small.pdf
    70.8 KB · Views: 168
Joined 2006
Paid Member
SimontY said:
Just two S Power regulators in mine. Extra caps, so there's one per side, won't hurt.

I'd want to use at least some cap after the regulators, but you needn't use one before them.

Hi Simon

I am taking some time to solder all the parts into the DOS pcb and it is looking good but I believe there might be an issue:

In order to make soldering faster, I am using a liquid to improve solder flow... after soldering anything, I always clean the pcb with a cotton and alcool.... the problem is that some parts of the copper in the pcb are getting very dark (oxidation).

Is there any kind of treatment I should do to the pcb copper to avoid oxidation ?

Can I paint it with something to avoid contact with the air ?

Regards

Ricardo

RCruz said:

Hi Simon

As I am new to these matters, could you please explain the following:
brasso ?
Caig Labs Deoxit ?

What type of lacquer should I use ?

Ricardo

Brasso is a brass cleaner, usually bought in a pot of wadding material, which you use to scrub a surface. When you then clean the Brasso off you get an intense shine. It's what people use on the power pins of their mains plugs and fuses.

Deoxit is a contact enhancer and inhibits oxidisation.

I've no idea about the lacquer as I didn't want to do that to mine and have never used any. The enamel used for inductors or solid core wires would be good, but I'm not sure what it is or where it comes from, sorry!

Simon

Joined 2006
Paid Member
SimontY said:

Brasso is a brass cleaner, usually bought in a pot of wadding material, which you use to scrub a surface. When you then clean the Brasso off you get an intense shine. It's what people use on the power pins of their mains plugs and fuses.

Deoxit is a contact enhancer and inhibits oxidisation.

I've no idea about the lacquer as I didn't want to do that to mine and have never used any. The enamel used for inductors or solid core wires would be good, but I'm not sure what it is or where it comes from, sorry!
Thank you Simon

poynton said:
Thank you Andy