Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2017, 09:15 AM   #21111
Malefoda is offline Malefoda  France
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Malefoda
Again, search the thread and regulate drivers power rails, add local regulators for DACs and decoder (LM317 with leds), a clock to the servo. Best bang for buck, made 5 or more CD63, that was among the best for the less job. It compared with a +2000€ brand new Marantz in down town shop... ( but had the DOS output, can buy PCBs on Ray's website).
From my former sales... :
http://atsh.free.fr/MarantzCDx3/MarantzCDx3.pdf
http://atsh.free.fr/MarantzCDx3/10MecaRegulee.jpg
Old 20th August 2017, 10:13 PM   #21112
bigi is offline bigi  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

thanks for the info I notice on your photos that you have literally just connected regs straight onto the various sections od DAC etc and not on a board with LEDs? I was looking at using an LED based reg circuit but can't find a circuit from someone who's designed one specifically for audio - did you design yourself or lift the design from elsewhere?

My 67 SE has got Ray's excellent CFP DOS board in, together with a Flea - sounds great!
Old 21st August 2017, 09:00 AM   #21113
diyAudio Member

Look at the one at the DAC, it's a LM317 with leds. Is it what you need? Check voltages on bench to tune if needed
Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19
Old 21st August 2017, 02:01 PM   #21114
diyAudio Member

thanks for those links - that what i was looking for

another question though - looking at Ray's guide for modding the 63KI, it still uses Black Gate Std in various places - what would be recommended to replace them now? Rubycon ZLH/ZLG or something better?
Old 21st August 2017, 03:41 PM   #21115
diyAudio Member

As for me in such CD player mods I'll use these ZLx for analog and Panasonic SEPC for digital supply pins. And for cheap but still good I use Panasonic FM when money is low or remote supply rails.
Old 21st August 2017, 09:25 PM   #21116
diyAudio Member

interesting, different options there then! so using the circuit diagram and my basic electronics knowledge, C611-C614 are for the op-amp supply rails so you would suggest ZLx for these, with CD05/06 and CD15/16 would be Panasonic SEPC? (based on Ray's KI values)?

I'm trying to get to grips with what should be used where, but it's confusing when you don't have a deep understanding of electronics like some people

Also, I was looking at your photos again, particularly the extra voltage regulators you've put in around the DAC - I notice that one supply uses a 317 with LEDs, but another one (nearest the clock) is just a straight regulator without any further smoothing caps on it - is there a reason for that?

Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods listHide this!Advertise here!