Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list
Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2013, 06:50 AM   #19561
bikeral10 is offline bikeral10  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Legs trimmed from caps/resistors make ideal track repairing tools, Many years of repairing modifying boards get compromised.
all good fun tho alan
Old 26th June 2013, 10:51 PM   #19562
stefanom is offline stefanom  Iceland
diyAudio Member

Finally I received the pair of LME4970HA op-amps from Farnell. In they went and at the same time I bypassed and disabled the HDAM.
Wow! what a open and detailed sound. This is a great mod.
But the op-amps run very hot - can feel it when touching for few seconds. Is this normal? Does any of you use heat-sinks on these?
Old 27th June 2013, 05:21 AM   #19563
higlander is offline higlander  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanom View Post
Finally I received the pair of LME4970HA op-amps from Farnell. In they went and at the same time I bypassed and disabled the HDAM.
But the op-amps run very hot - can feel it when touching for few seconds. Is this normal? Does any of you use heat-sinks on these?
Yes the Metal CAN 49720HA works quite hot and for peace of mind I put a heat sink on it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OpAmp.jpg (91.6 KB, 131 views)
Old 27th June 2013, 03:18 PM   #19564
timjar is offline timjar  England
diyAudio Member

Is that LME49710HA, because LME4970HA is not found
Old 27th June 2013, 03:38 PM   #19565
lymmlad is offline lymmlad  England
diyAudio Member

My laser has annoyingly decided to be very selective about which tracks and discs it plays. I have cleaned it but this makes no difference. Based on what I have seen on here, I understand that it is likely that the laser needs replacing.

Does this mean I need to replace the whole of the plastic assembly on which the laser and tray sit, or will the laser come out on its own?

I have a second machine bought on ebay for spares (thank goodness, for times such as these) so all options are open to me. Those who have done this before: what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th June 2013, 03:41 PM   #19566
stefanom is offline stefanom  Iceland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjar View Post
It's LME49720HA (Missing the digit "2" in my post)

LME49720HA/NOPB - TEXAS INSTRUMENTS - IC, AUDIO OP-AMP, 55MHZ, TO-99 | Farnell United Kingdom
Old 27th June 2013, 04:45 PM   #19567
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjar View Post
49710 is mono opamp while 49720 is dual opamp which is to be used in CD63.
Old 27th June 2013, 04:48 PM   #19568
FritzS is offline FritzS  Austria
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to FritzS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanom View Post
Its wonder me, the LME4910HA/LME4920HA sounds better than HDAM?

Otherwise some use discrete OPAs like the OPA-line from audio-gd
Audio-gd Discrete OPA

Are this for a Marantz SA 7001 KI recommendable?
Fritz AKG K872, K812, Q701, K701, K550, K271 MKII, Denon AH-D7000; GSP green SOLO, WNA MK II; Marantz SA7001 KI, Philips CD650; Revox B790, Goldring G1042; GSP green Reflex; sold Sennheiser HD600; as guest AKG K1000
Old 27th June 2013, 04:51 PM   #19569
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymmlad View Post
My laser has annoyingly decided to be very selective about which tracks and discs it plays. I have cleaned it but this makes no difference. Based on what I have seen on here, I understand that it is likely that the laser needs replacing.

Does this mean I need to replace the whole of the plastic assembly on which the laser and tray sit, or will the laser come out on its own?

I have a second machine bought on ebay for spares (thank goodness, for times such as these) so all options are open to me. Those who have done this before: what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.
I suggest before the laser dies you may try trimming the laser voltage by adjusting the small VR at the back of the laser unit. This may sometime help to extend the laser life.
Old 27th June 2013, 04:54 PM   #19570
lymmlad is offline lymmlad  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by higlander View Post
This is the circuit diagram of GD-Audio's Discrete Opamps OPA-Earth. This is the basic Opamp from GD-Audio and I am using the better design OPA-SUN. Someone said Burson's Opamp has very similar design as OPA-Earth.

see this link for details:
ͧ*响
Higlander, can I ask how much you paid for these discrete opamps? Obviously I would need 2. There is no price on the site, just an 'ask for a quote' option.
Thanks

Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods listHide this!Advertise here!