Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list - Page 1890 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2012, 10:38 PM   #18891
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

R124 and 125 form a potential divider from the 5v rail near the servo to create a 2.5v vref. If the values are incorrect the vref will be wrong.
What voltage are you getting at the junction of the 2 resistors? Without the vref, you will have no radial, focus or laser
Old 11th December 2012, 10:44 PM   #18892
diyAudio Member

My only question @ highlander why use a cheap clock for the dac when you have a c3 capable of doing dac servo and decoder,?? sorry just my two penneth.
cheers alan
Old 11th December 2012, 10:49 PM   #18893
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

C3 is a single freq Alan. I must admit I'd have the c3 on the dac at 16mhz and another clock at 8mhz on the servo. I guess if you already had a 16mhz clock before you got the C3 its the only way to do it!
Old 11th December 2012, 11:25 PM   #18894
diyAudio Member

Default just thought the c3 was multiple output

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
C3 is a single freq Alan. I must admit I'd have the c3 on the dac at 16mhz and another clock at 8mhz on the servo. I guess if you already had a 16mhz clock before you got the C3 its the only way to do it!
Id of done the dac first ,c3 cheap clock after .
alan
Old 12th December 2012, 02:00 AM   #18895
Pocoyo is offline Pocoyo  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
R124 and 125 form a potential divider from the 5v rail near the servo to create a 2.5v vref. If the values are incorrect the vref will be wrong.
What voltage are you getting at the junction of the 2 resistors? Without the vref, you will have no radial, focus or laser
will measure after office hour, thank you
Old 12th December 2012, 09:57 AM   #18896
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Right, you have explained my situation well
Old 12th December 2012, 10:07 AM   #18897
diyAudio Member

I have an idea in mind to simplify the flow of audio signal. I plan to test and just use the output from the first half of the opamp and connect it to the RCA out. I hope with such a simple circuit the music will have less coloration. Any comment on this approach, please ? I have an un-modded 63SE on my bench and I will have a try and see the difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg opamp.jpg (142.2 KB, 116 views)
Old 13th December 2012, 05:40 AM   #18898
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ben Hanke Send a message via Skype™ to Ben Hanke
Quote:
Originally Posted by higlander View Post
I wish to mention that the CDP is dead silent and there is no humming noise what so ever even when I crank my amplifier up to its max. volume at 130W !!
Rub it in, why don't you?
Old 13th December 2012, 07:43 AM   #18899
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hanke View Post
Rub it in, why don't you?
May be I am the lucky one
I normally plan ahead what to change and cary out the mod one step at a time. What I had done for my CD63 was each time whenever I have changed something I will connect the CDP back to my amplifier and listen for improvements and to identy defects, if any. With this I can easily identify what has gone wrong in the very early stage.
Old 13th December 2012, 07:58 AM   #18900
6h5c is offline 6h5c  Netherlands
One Seriously Addicted to Audio and Electronics
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by higlander View Post
I have an idea in mind to simplify the flow of audio signal. I plan to test and just use the output from the first half of the opamp and connect it to the RCA out. I hope with such a simple circuit the music will have less coloration. Any comment on this approach, please ? I have an un-modded 63SE on my bench and I will have a try and see the difference.
Hi,

Basically, you are bypassing a large section of the analog low-pass filter with this mod. That means lots of high-frequency noise from the DAC can enter your system. This is not a good thing, but the effect of it may vary from system to system. Some have reported a better sound because the extra opamp stage is bypassed, but it can also get worse and cause more distortion. So YMMV... and watch your tweeters!

Ray

Hide this!Advertise here!